OK, Let's see all those Birds!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
Just for fun figured I'd try a "post your bird" thread. Love seeing what everyone else did and how they did it.
Here's mine.
12# Jenny-0 injected with 12 ounces of Tony's Creole Butter injection
gave it a coat of vegetable oil and after loading it into the smoker I gave it a nice coat of course Kosher salt followed with a little of Blake Shelton's Special $&!@ for color and aroma. Yoder loaded with Lumberjack Apple Blend Pellets set @ 325 for 3 hours then cranked it up to 400 for about 20 minutes.
Here's the money shot
IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

Pulled when I could read 155 to 160 IT deep in the breast - once again the little red poppit that comes with the turkey didn't pop. Don't trust those poppits! Trust your thermometer.

So, how did your turkey turn out? Let's have a little fun & see those Birds! Please feel free to post your pics right here in this thread. Kind of a group hug lol
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
RT

Hey both of those look good. Mike, that Spatchcock bird is a really good method. How did it turn out? Sandy, you always show up with top shelf stuff and that stuffing (I'm assuming? Maybe a casserole?) and that big ole breast look very tasty. Thanks for sharing.

That bird I cooked was money$$$$ My Turkey haters in the group even liked it. For real. I'm really digging this rotisserie set up for the Yoder. I probably will never brine another Turkey or chicken again. That Tony's is good stuff too. In my honest opinion (and I'm my biggest critic) this was the best Turkey I've cooked - ever. It was also one of the easiest.

Keep 'em coming. would love to see some more birds. It's not beyond me to steal an idea :)

Sandy, you always show up with top shelf stuff and that stuffing (I'm assuming? Maybe a casserole?) and that big ole breast look very tasty. Thanks for sharing.
Many thanks!!!
the turkey was juicy and better than I expected. the pan was a pulled pork Canadian bacon and green chili mac and cheese. the mac was insane.

Many thanks!!!
the turkey was juicy and better than I expected. the pan was a pulled pork Canadian bacon and green chili mac and cheese. the mac was insane.
OMG PP, Ganadian bacon and green chili mac and cheese sounds like something my bunch would go ape over. very nice.

Here's mine-
Wow Dutch, that looks like something out of a magazine. Beautiful color. Very nice

5.5 hours smoke. Dry brine, aged for 56 hours.
Another great looking bird. I bet that dry brine & age process takes it to a whole new lever. I bet it was awesome.

My juicy 10.75lb kitchen bird done on the original set it and forget it, the Ronco Showtime 4000. RAY
Now that's another beautiful bird Ray. I'm a set it and forget it kind of guy myself. Other just call me lazy :emoji_laughing:

So something I'm seeing that I just never seen is all the birds with no wings or legs. Is this the way you buy the turkey or are you guys removing them yourself?

All great looking birds - hope to seem more of them. Post pics of your birds peeps!!!!

So something I'm seeing that I just never seen is all the birds with no wings or legs. Is this the way you buy the turkey or are you guys removing them yourself?

==================
I buy the whole breasts, no legs, no wings, no neck or gizzards. Easier to brine, easier to cook, easier to eat. By the time you account for the extra carcass when using a whole bird, I think the cost is about the same.

Done 1/2 dozen birds and some turkey breasts.
Here is two of them.
Wow man you really threw down cooking all those. The 2 in the pic look like money!

I buy the whole breasts, no legs, no wings, no neck or gizzards. Easier to brine, easier to cook, easier to eat. By the time you account for the extra carcass when using a whole bird, I think the cost is about the same.

I never knew that but I kind of figured that was the case. Heck we actually bone out all the legs & wings for sandwiches, chili, ect...
Those whole breast do look like they cook well.

Reactions: hardcookin
Never too late. So they only liked half of your bird? I see a lot of good leftovers there. Nice one Braz.
Just the two of us this year. And sometimes the leftovers are the best part. Had turkey sammies last night and I'd have another right now if SWMBO wasn't guarding the refrigerator door.

Reactions: texomakid and Dutch
We had thanksgiving a few days late due to work schedules. Here’s a pic of 1 of 2 birds we cooked. Wet brined for 48 hours in the meat church bird bath and dusted with meat church honey hog and deez nuts pecan seasoning from meat church. Dried in fridge for 48 hours after brine. Smoked 4 hours at 225 then bumped to 300 for last 45 mins

Attachments

• 8F0F51E4-E5F8-4C60-8D8F-1B81D1EAAE60.jpeg
    8F0F51E4-E5F8-4C60-8D8F-1B81D1EAAE60.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 8CAB2D7E-ACA8-4BC3-AEDC-8DD35EFA879D.png
    8CAB2D7E-ACA8-4BC3-AEDC-8DD35EFA879D.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 71614CFD-70BC-4CCD-9325-0E10E16AEDD1.jpeg
    71614CFD-70BC-4CCD-9325-0E10E16AEDD1.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: texomakid
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky