Ok, here we go.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I vote we all schedule a clandestine road trip to surprise him with "Pit Warming" gifts for all the help and inspiration he has provided to the builders here! He already has the pole on the trailer for the dancing girls!  

Now that the trailer is done, can you send pics of the girls! LOL jk

Good luck and keep us posted. Its always exciting to see someone go for their dreams!

I'm glad I subscribed to this post.

Rib, I think you should start a post about what you are doing now with the food trailer, your plans, and then a crap load of build pictures, because as we all know, we love them!

Good job  (Pulled Pork) aka Rib   be sure and let us know how it goes the good and the bad (if any) I think I speak for all when I say we consider you a friend and care. You have given lots of good advice and helped many members, and we are all interested in your new venture.

Take care

Gary S

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and I apologize for not keeping up with everything and everyone on here right now,...it's just been very busy and I've totally did a 180 with my life right now.

Business has been crazy the four days I've been open, with only one slow day ( only 10 customers) out of the four. Yesterday and today I completely sold out , and it's all been word of mouth. Facebook is blowing up with activity about my place and customers call me after they have gotten home and eat the dinner telling me how good it is.

I'm tired, but feeling good right now, and have to go load up more wood, and it's nine at night already. I feel like the donut guy commercial from years ago!

RW, Sounds like your doing well and happy. That's the best of life. Should get those girl's trained as snowbirds will be showing up soon and you won't be able to keep up by yourself not to mention look as good in the shirts. Keep in mind retirees love discounts. Hope to see you this winter.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words, and I apologize for not keeping up with everything and everyone on here right now,...it's just been very busy and I've totally did a 180 with my life right now.

Business has been crazy the four days I've been open, with only one slow day ( only 10 customers) out of the four. Yesterday and today I completely sold out , and it's all been word of mouth. Facebook is blowing up with activity about my place and customers call me after they have gotten home and eat the dinner telling me how good it is.

I'm tired, but feeling good right now, and have to go load up more wood, and it's nine at night already. I feel like the donut guy commercial from years ago!
That's awesome, we appreciate the update!  Word of mouth is the best marketing that anyone can get!

I'm on Boyette Rd in Riverview, please stop by.

But to wrap up the smoker build, I'd say this is about as perfect a smoker as you can get. Especially the self cleaning firebox. It's ran nonstop since Tuesday 6am with nothing other than throwing a split on about once an hour. Temps are with in 10 degrees right to left at 300* and dead even at 250*,

I am thinking about some new ideals for the far end of the reverse flow pan, that is for when i have time to get back to building

Heat is not even top to bottom, with the upper rack getting hotter and producing a darker color to the food. I want to experiment with redirecting that heat back down.

Now this might be just because i run such a fast air flow in my cookers, might not be a problem with other design's?

I'm on Boyette Rd in Riverview, please stop by.

But to wrap up the smoker build, I'd say this is about as perfect a smoker as you can get. Especially the self cleaning firebox. It's ran nonstop since Tuesday 6am with nothing other than throwing a split on about once an hour. Temps are with in 10 degrees right to left at 300* and dead even at 250*,
Where about on Boyette Rd.?  Cross road or a building.

Dave's option may work for you. What about a heat resistant squirrel cage fan like is used on wood stoves, intake at the top and blow just above the RF plate? It would stir up the air but shouldn't effect the draw of the smoker. You will have to move the air or move the meat, I can't think of many different options...

I was actually thinking about installing a plate , vertically, coming down from the top of the CC about the same point as the end of the reverse plate, reaching down to about the same height as the upper rack, That should keep the air from flowing to the top of the CC and flowing along the top making the top hotter. I could even cut something out of 1/4" hardwood and play around with the design while I'm cooking everyday.

Here is where I'm at, come and see me!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky