Nuclear Nectar is born

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for the catchy name and clifish clifish for the image for my label. At first I was thinking a sauce with the name Nuclear Nectar but suddenly my brain stormed and hot honey it is. 5 lbs of honey split into 2 quart mason jars. I added 10 Chile moritas, 2 dehydrated ghost and 1 scorpion x to each jar. I cut the peppers open and or crushed as appropriate. I also added 1T of ACV to tame sweetness just a tad.
PXL_20231016_172221470.MP.jpg
Into a sous vide bath for 2 hours @ 155F. I pulled them a couple times to shake them up.
PXL_20231016_173803996.PORTRAIT.jpg
I worked on the labels while it infused.
1000005580-01.jpeg
After letting it cool enough to not melt the squirt bottles I packed it up. Here's the first bottle.
1000005587-01.jpeg
I don't do sugars so this will all be sold and gifted but I of course tasted enough to insure it was tasty. Smokey up front with sweetness and significant heat on th finish. Hot but addictive. Will be great drizzled on wings, chicken and waffles, ice cream, ribs , pretzels etc. I've heard of folks making drinks with it as well. If this small batch goes well I'll make a large batch for the holidays. Thanks for looking!

Thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for the catchy name and clifish clifish for the image for my label. At first I was thinking a sauce with the name Nuclear Nectar but suddenly my brain stormed and hot honey it is. 5 lbs of honey split into 2 quart mason jars. I added 10 Chile moritas, 2 dehydrated ghost and 1 scorpion x to each jar. I cut the peppers open and or crushed as appropriate. I also added 1T of ACV to tame sweetness just a tad. View attachment 678702Into a sous vide bath for 2 hours @ 155F. I pulled them a couple times to shake them up. View attachment 678703I worked on the labels while it infused. View attachment 678704After letting it cool enough to not melt the squirt bottles I packed it up. Here's the first bottle. View attachment 678705I don't do sugars so this will all be sold and gifted but I of course tasted enough to insure it was tasty. Smokey up front with sweetness and significant heat on th finish. Hot but addictive. Will be great drizzled on wings, chicken and waffles, ice cream, ribs , pretzels etc. I've heard of folks making drinks with it as well. If this small batch goes well I'll make a large batch for the holidays. Thanks for looking!
That's an awesome idea! Good job man. I appreciate out of the box thinking.

Reactions: jcam222
Jeff, what program are you using on your computer to make the labels? I am looking for a set up for making wine labels.
I've been doing these right on Avery labels website. They have a ton of templates and even allow you to save all your projects online free. It's pretty intuitive. I just wish it had better font formatting options like shadowing, outlined letters etc.

That's an awesome idea! Good job man. I appreciate out of the box thinking.
Thanks! I think mines likely hotter than the commercially available versions.
Bryce would be drinking that straight from the bottle! Love the label.

Jim
I could see someone pounding this down and then the heat kicking in lol. It's got a delayed burn.
:emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished: Now that is a sauce I could eat for sure! That would absolutely Rock as a glaze for bacon wrapped grilled shrimp!!
Oh yea that would be tasty
That looks awesome Jeff!
Thanks Steve!

Looks ands sounds great Jeff, love the whole label

Now we are talking, I love ice cream and I drizzle some different things on top , but I think this would really work especially Chocolate

David
Thanks David. Yep chocolate and chiles are a great pairing.
That would be really good drizzled on a pizza.
I see that referenced widely for use of hot honey. Especially true with pepperoni they say

Very creative. Buttermilk bisques and a bottle to go please. Last month I batched up local honey with diced ginger. Love it in a cup of tea. I allowed it to ferment, in fact it's still living. I tightened the lid early on and she ballooned. Sence then I leave it loosed screwed. I wonder if the peppers would ferment in the honey and if it would change the flavor profile.

Reactions: JLeonard
Boy, Nuclear-nectar sounds great Jeff, and the bottle is out of this world. Great job

Point for sure
Chris

Local pizza joint has a habenaro Honey glaze for a finish on pizzas....it is the bomb! I;m sure yours is better though!!
I will probably add habanero as I tweak the recipe for a final version. Habanero will add more upfront heat. I like sauces to have both immediate and slow burn. Most of the superhots are delayed burn albeit very hot.

Man that looks pretty dangerous in a good and bad way.....LOL
It sure could be. As t first just a little smoke and mild heat with the sweet following and then suddenly BAM, damn it's hot lol. Your brain then says more please haha
Biscuit, butter, and a drizzle of that. A good way to kickstart the day.
Great looking label. 👍
Oh yea or some chicken and biscuit. Breakfast wise I could also see drizzling it on bacon, sausage or ham! The salt , sweet and heat would be a flavor bomb.

Hmm
I’ll have to ask my wife if she wants some
I don’t do sweet either. Not keto. Lost my appetite for sweet after covid

Do you strain out the peppers after the infusion?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky