No luck with photobucket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

junk yard dog

Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
USA
For some reason, photobucket has not been cooperating with me. Any other alternatives out there that you all use?

It is the easiest that I know of, keep trying works great.

I used to use photobucket until I started getting attacked by virus embedded in ads on their site, no fault of their own. I believe they have cleaned up the problem.

However in the interim I started using Imageshack.com, and have found that I prefer Imageshack. It has a couple of features that photobucket didn't have.
One is very handy. You can store images from other websites without having to 1st download the image to your PC. In the Upload Media page, just click on URL and insert the url to the image, and it will be stored in your image folder. Many sites hate it when you link to an image on their site because it ties up their bandwidth which they pay for. So as long as the image isn't proprietary or copyrighted, if I want to post that image on SMF I first grab it and save it in my Imageshack folder.

If you need any help PM me and I will give you any help you might need.

I have also used photobucket for along time and the only problem I have wiht them is they delete or move my photos after about 1 1/2 weeks and I cann't find out why???

I use photobucket alot,

I also have a flickr account, not as easy to use and less free capacity than photobucket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky