No BBQ For Me For Awhile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Meat Hunter, I was in Pennsylvania about 7-8 years ago and it snowed 2in. and the whole city shut down. We are up to roughly 8-9in. by now.

Thats where my wife is from. East coast folks, go figure LOL. I hope ALX don't see this post LOL.

Council bluffs, is that way down on the Southern part of the state? Seems like it always goes around us and hits the Des Moines area.

They call it Southwest Iowa. We're right east of Omaha, Nebraska. In fact I only live 1 1/2 miles from there. I work in Downtown Omaha. Takes me 7 minutes to get to work.

Over here on the eastern edge of Iowa, we were supposed to get 12". Looks like it's gonna be more like 3 or 4. Not that I'm complaining. Just get tired of the know-nothing weather men predicting the end of the world and then 3 inches of snow.
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

... but snow is an insulator... shouldn't that help your smoker? lol

Heck here in Oregon you can paralize a city with 1/2" of the fluffy white stuff. Kinda like turkeys in a rainstorm sometimes... lol.

I've run the snowblower 3 times today just trying to keep up with it. Just got back in from doing mine and then doing 3 of the neighbor's too. By the time I got back, I'd guess between the newly falling snow and the wind blowing, I had 2" back in the dang driveway. Guess I'll have to hit it again in the morning. Wife's job and the kid's school already called it off for tomorrow. It's that heavy wet snow too. Might be the only thing that saves us from having 20 foot drifts once this wind kicks in.

Snowing like crazy here this morning too, but it's supposed to change over to rain for us before we get too much. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The wind is RIPPING hard. I live in the country and I can't see out my window a 100 yrds. I called into work and am in for the day.

They're saying we've got about 15" down now. Wind is blowing like crazy. We've got a drift on the side of the house that is about 6' high.

Kids can't wait to go out and try and dig a tunnel through it.

tell me about it it snowed 14" here in nebraska and cold wind-- want to make summer sausage but no luck until it warms-up...this sucks..

Here's just another example of why I hate Winter!! I have the unfortunate pleasure of living on the Southern tip of Lake Michigan. Great in the Summer, snowbelt country in the Winter. I have 2 feet of the white stuff in my yard as we speak. The good news is that after almost 25 days of below freezing, temp right now is 34. Maybe there is schmoke at the end of the tunnel. Wish me luck.

Whatever... Shame Shame Shame. Even if that is a Polar Bear asleep on top of your smoker, just get a broom and knock him off. And your dogs? My little 5 lb Yorkie loves the snow. Here he his with his cammoes on.

Oh well, I guess we all can't be die hard smokers.
--ray--

Sounds like I need to toughen up and grow a couple, huh? I guess I need to look at this a little differently. Thanks for the kick in the a$$ guys.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky