NHL Trade Deadline

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
Well, the Wings didn't make a big splash but did pick up a good D'man and didn't bring Federov back so we did ok. How'd your team fair?

Lou

Pretty good I think Forsberg, Foote and Salei
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Foote played last night and Salei will play tonight against Vancouver which is a huge points game.

Plus, we're finally getting healthy with Sakic, Stastny and Smith back. The West is so tight again this year points wise, it will certainly get interesting.

It's like a throwback team bringing Foote and Forsberg back (cup years). I hope the chemistry comes together sooner rather than later. We'll see, as Foote will contribute but Forsberg will be a question mark halth wise. In any event, as long as he's on the ice, they will have to pay some serious attention to him. The good problem we have is which line to put him on. 4 very strong lines now.

Heh... it's a crapshoot alot of times.. "Chemistry" and heart and desire... all three intangibles..can add up to some tangible silver... I LOVE this game!

The Penguins are doing well as long as they can keep Montreal at bay. Sid the Kid is coming back soon although he won't pin down a date. Malkin and the crew are holding down fort until Sid can return.

Would be nice to have Malkin and Crosby as 1 & 2 in the scoring race this year
icon_smile.gif

Icruzens, and Richtree, have it right. It's like a mop, or a barbeque sauce, it's all about chemistry. I assume Icruzens lives in Denver, like I do. You've got to love Peter Forsberg, if you are a hockey fan. But, by my count, he's had surgery about 5 times on each ankle (not to mention losing a Spleen right before their last Stanley Cup win). I wish him the best, but prepare for not much contribution from Forsberg. But, it gives me an excuse to invite some folks over for weekend games and wings.

My secret for wings (I discovered from an Army chef), is to toss them with seasoned flour (I know, I know. Several folks wont eat a floured wing), and put them on a rack, on top of a cookie sheet, and shove them in the fridge for 90 minutes before deep frying them at between 350 and 375 (depending on how many you throw in the pot). The flour sticks to the wings. And, then, when you throw them into Frank's wing sauce (or Hooters), they seem to stay crispier.

Hockey and Wings (not Detroit, that's for sure), you can't beat them.

I have a feeling...IF your team manages to make the playoffs... you might regret those words ;{)

By the way stop into the Roll Call forum and give us an introduction..it's kinda tradition...

We've been injury plagued but getting healthy. I think we'll make a run and get into the playoffs.

As for Forsberg, here's what I said, "In any event, as long as he's on the ice, they will have to pay some serious attention to him." So, he may be a bust but he may do something which in my mind is all gravy. Offensively, we're fine without him.

As for the trades, we went heavy on defense and Theodore is finally coming back into his "old" form with a great backup.

As you know, goaltenders can make or break series.

Oh contraire, I'm a Detroit boy from Hell(Ypsilanti originally). I'd love to see a first round match up of the Wings and Av's. Wings gotta get heathy but we've got a little over a month before the real fun starts. There is truely no better sport than playoff hockey. Tlak about a throw back, don't be surprised if D-Mac is back in the line up in Detroit by playoff time.

Lou

Being Kings fan i enjoy watching Avery play he is worth the price of admission especially when he heads north of the border.To you Wings fans you got a pretty good defenceman in brad stuart ,plays with heart and has a touch of offence.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky