Newbie with question about smoker size

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pahunter53

Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
Researching on here for the purchase of my first smoker and this site is extremely helpful.  For my first smoker is looks like the Master Forge two door from Lowes is going to be my choice.  Great price and good reviews.  I wanted to know how many sausages it can hold.  I'm going to star smoking venison summer sausage in 2.5 inch casings.  How many of them will be I be able to fit in this smoker without over stuffing.  I have about 80 lbs of meat to smoke but it obviously won't all fit in there.  My casing will hold about 2 lbs of meat each.  Will I be able to get 12 to13 sausages in at a time to smoke 25 lb batches of meat?

If the Master Forge model won;t handle that then can someone suggest a smoker that can handle 12 to 3 chubs of meat?

Any input you guys can give me would be great.  Thanks

I couldn't find any internal specs on the smoker.  However, if there is one on display at your local Lowe's, stop in and measure the cubic inches of available space inside and calculate the cubic inches of each chub; divide one into another will give you the space available for each chub and how many will fit (figure as a cubic rectangle vs. tube, space in between for the smoke to get to them).

According to one site the shelves are about 20" X 20". You need at least 1-2 inches between each chub and the walls. So you can fit 5 Chubs per shelf with 1-2" spacing or 20 Chubs total...JJ

2.5" Chubs X  5 = 12.5 + 6" spacing = 18.5" good to go...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky