Build A Smokehouse Or.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Been tossing around building another smokehouse.

Or

Measure the OD of the bottom of the snoopy smoker. Cut a hole just under the element for the smoke pipe, keep the 1000w element in place (the bottom of snoopy is double wall)

Since I do not use the side controls I can remove the housing and aluminum tape the holes.
I will need to get a weather safe plastic box to hold the PID.
snsmkr.JPG

Get an old cast wood burner, dig and install the pipe 12-15' away, bring the pipe up and build a slab around it, level up 4 rows of brickwork to the OD of snoopy and mount the snoopy to brick.

Being snoopy is all SS it will hold up better than wood and I won't have to worry about it burning down (should I have too many beers) and not paying attention...HA
snskr1.JPG

My wife said you sure you want to do this to snoopy? Cuz your NOT getting another one.

Good idea?
Bad idea?

What say Y'all

Not 100% what you are after, but if you are leaving the hot plate, why not just add a cold smoke generator to the wall of snoopy? Then you would have the option of cold smoke in fall and winter, but still hot smoke with the hot plate. I installed the Smokin It generator to my smokehouse and am liking it.

Reactions: Jmac61
Not 100% what you are after, but if you are leaving the hot plate, why not just add a cold smoke generator to the wall of snoopy? Then you would have the option of cold smoke in fall and winter, but still hot smoke with the hot plate. I installed the Smokin It generator to my smokehouse and am liking it.
I did that to my big smokehouse up in PA, Put a Traeger hopper/firepot to the side.

Doing a search for small home built smokehouse I ran across my PA smokehouse on the morning chores site, shown at #16. I wish I saved the drawings I penciled in on the square of plywood.

Reactions: Jmac61
I am so ready to do away with the propane burner on my MB and do a conversion on it. Lots of ideas running through my head, just getting them to become reality is the problem.

Jim

I am so ready to do away with the propane burner on my MB and do a conversion on it. Lots of ideas running through my head, just getting them to become reality is the problem.

Jim
Yeah know how it is.

Lots to do here at this house. I hate asking SIL to come help. He said just call me when lawn needs mowing,

He busy and we retired so I bought my wife a cub cadet...lol
(she Amish anyways and likes yard work)
IMG_4189.JPG

Smokehouse is a little on hold.

I want it built right and square so I ordered a 10" table saw with a folding stand with wheels, should be here on Sat.

I thinking on tongue and groove and nixing any ply.

BTW the UPS driver she told me that she been delivering out here for 18 years and has never seen this house look so good. Daughter and son in law did good.

Smokehouse is a little on hold.

I want it built right and square so I ordered a 10" table saw with a folding stand with wheels, should be here on Sat.

I thinking on tongue and groove and nixing any ply.

BTW the UPS driver she told me that she been delivering out here for 18 years and has never seen this house look so good. Daughter and son in law did good.
T&G should work perfectly. Winter is coming so get this house built. I want to see the goodies you make this fall and winter. Makes me happy to see product.

T&G should work perfectly. Winter is coming so get this house built. I want to see the goodies you make this fall and winter. Makes me happy to see product.
Yeah it is, Its sneaking in and been kinda chilly in the mornings.
Hope my saw will be here today

I thinking on tongue and groove
Expansion and contraction can be hard to control with the tight joints . You could account for it in the corners and use a 1X surface applied trim board . Leaving a gap from the last piece of siding to the corner . Don't nail the trim through the siding .
I know you're smart enough to figure it out without me , I thought I would mention it .

Expansion and contraction can be hard to control with the tight joints . You could account for it in the corners and use a 1X surface applied trim board . Leaving a gap from the last piece of siding to the corner . Don't nail the trim through the siding .
I know you're smart enough to figure it out without me , I thought I would mention it .
Was leaning that way chop. Too tight means not good so need some breathing and expanding room.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky