Newbie in md

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stangruns11s

Original poster
May 7, 2018
Maryland
Just wanted to introduce myself and cant wait to learn more about smoking. Just got my first smoker it's a masterbuilt 30 in electric and I'm making some smoked beer butt chicken today. Live in maryland and cant wait to learn as much as I can from you guys

Reactions: SonnyE
Chicken turned out great. Already figuring out ways to make it even better. Have a feeling I have found a replacement for my drag racing addiction lol

I recently tried melted butter injection on a whole chicken. Smoked it for 8 hours on my Traeger at 180. The most tender chicken I have ever had.
That sounds really good do you just inject it under the skin or do you go all the way in

That sounds really good do you just inject it under the skin or do you go all the way in
All the way in (Not extending into the cavity of course) covering every area. Probably 5 -6 injections just in the breast on each side. The thighs and a bit in the back. I used to put butter under the skin until I saw this fellow on TV inject the chicken with the melted butter. Unbelievable. Much easier than trying to get it under the skin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky