• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie in md

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stangruns11s

May 7, 2018
Just wanted to introduce myself and cant wait to learn more about smoking. Just got my first smoker it's a masterbuilt 30 in electric and I'm making some smoked beer butt chicken today. Live in maryland and cant wait to learn as much as I can from you guys

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2008
Welcome to the addiction !! You are in the right place... I learn something every time i log on.. Happy smoking .:D

SonnyE

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Dec 13, 2017
Welcome to SMF!
Hope your Chicken is finger lickin good. :)

Edit In:
Something you may or may not like to consider:
Sm00ke um, and crisp um.
Also note Bear's post where he blasts a bird with 275° for 45 minutes, in the smoker.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
There are plenty of guys on here with your smoker to give you help, if needed.
Al

Stangruns11s

May 7, 2018
Chicken turned out great. Already figuring out ways to make it even better. Have a feeling I have found a replacement for my drag racing addiction lol

roger47

Fire Starter
Aug 22, 2017
I recently tried melted butter injection on a whole chicken. Smoked it for 8 hours on my Traeger at 180. The most tender chicken I have ever had.

Stangruns11s

May 7, 2018
I recently tried melted butter injection on a whole chicken. Smoked it for 8 hours on my Traeger at 180. The most tender chicken I have ever had.
That sounds really good do you just inject it under the skin or do you go all the way in

roger47

Fire Starter
Aug 22, 2017
That sounds really good do you just inject it under the skin or do you go all the way in
All the way in (Not extending into the cavity of course) covering every area. Probably 5 -6 injections just in the breast on each side. The thighs and a bit in the back. I used to put butter under the skin until I saw this fellow on TV inject the chicken with the melted butter. Unbelievable. Much easier than trying to get it under the skin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky