Newbie at smoking/bring hams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

american piggy

Original poster
Apr 3, 2017
Upstate New York
Gonna start brining my half a ham lag today for Easter dinner! My brain recipe will be
20oz of kosher salt
3 tablespoon Prague poweder 1
3 gallons of water.
Thinking about letting it go for about 10 days. Then I'll dry it with paper towels and smoke it at 120/150f for 6/8hours depending on how my temperatures work with my charcoal smoker. If anyone has any advise for me before I smoke it let me know!

Did you inject that meat with the cure solution? 10  day does not seem like it would be any where near cured for the thickness.

Richie

Didn't inject.. Was thinking about it just didn't have a needle thing! If I got one do you think I'd be able to take it out of the brine and inject it? And then do you think the 10 days would be enough? Thank you!
Joseph

I don't know if injecting at this time would help. Hope one of the guys with more experience shows up

Richie

Inject it from all sides every inch. That will get plenty of brine in and you will be fine in 10 days...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky