• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Years eve cheese smoke.

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr t 59874

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Jun 9, 2011

Got another few pounds of the same cheese, Smoking it tonight the same way. This will be my eating cheese.
Sounds like a well thought out plan. One does need nutrition.

T

jhend

Smoke Blower
Nov 1, 2015
Love smoked cheese, I made a Gruyère and a Gouda That I plan on smoking. Are you happy with the AMNPS and where do you buy the pellets from?

Thanks John

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 23, 2010
12-13h? I like that.

Christmas 2016? You are a patient man. Hope you have a temperature controlled vault.

Make sure you come back in a year with taste notes.

Happy New Year to you and yours.
This is why I'm not in a rush.

jhend

Smoke Blower
Nov 1, 2015
looks like their isn't much room left in the cheese cave. just like crop rotation. yum yum

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 23, 2010
It's only about half full so far. Give me a bit of time and I'll have that baby completely full.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 23, 2010

Love smoked cheese, I made a Gruyère and a Gouda That I plan on smoking. Are you happy with the AMNPS and where do you buy the pellets from?

Thanks John
I love the AMNPS, it works like a charm. As for pellets.... basically Traeger from Home hardware, or Louisiana Grill from Canadian Tire in 20lb bags. Or you can get BBQ delight in many flavours from either BBQ Galore in Burlington or Chadwicks on the mountain.

jhend

Smoke Blower
Nov 1, 2015
Thanks Ak, I have been getting my wood from highland packers and it is in dust form. I have not seen 20lb bags at CT will have to check it out. I have been looking into the AMNPS and see that you can burn pellets or dust.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 23, 2010
Do you buy the big 18kilo bags?

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 23, 2010
Let me think about it. I've still got 3 20lb bags of pellets plus a few small BBQ delight bags and a 2Kg bag of hardwood dust from highland.

jhend

Smoke Blower
Nov 1, 2015
No problem that is a fare bit.  I am working on the hardwood dust blend from highland at the moment.

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky