New to this forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

khumph

Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
I am from the San Francisco Bay Area and I am pretty new to smoking. I have been a griller for years and have had raving reviews over the meat coming off of my grill. I recently found a Member's Mark gas smoker and grabbed it for a steal. I have produced some great ribs, a decent pork butt and brisket.

I am currently using a rub & sauce from Smoking-Meat.com and will be tinkering a bit with that and looking for some other recipes. I do want to get a decent wood fired smoker so I can expand my horizons. I am open to suggestions for a good wood smoker.

This is absolutely an addictive hobby that makes your friends happy!

Welcome khumph, happy to have ya here. it's a great place, you'll love it

Welcome to SMF,
The guys and dolls on here will help you with any questions you may have!
rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

Glad to have you on the forum.....
PDT_Armataz_01_39.gif

here's an idea
icon_idea.gif
...TEJAS 2040CC...a beauty to work on. I highly recommend it for a Stick Burner. Advertized as being a water smoker,it works just like the Klose BYC when baffeled and plated. I get good cooks and steady temps. And all for less than Klose or Cajun.
If you're looking for a pre-made , this is the ONE.If you intend to build your own , there will be PLENTY of help here for you to browse through.
Good luck and HAPPY SMOKES :)-

Welcome to SMF, khumph! Glad you joined us. Congrats on your new smoker. Sounds like you're already crankin' out good Q. You'll like it here, lots of friendly and helpful people. When you have questions, just ask and you'll get lots of good advice.

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us. This is a great place to learn the art of smoking isn't it? Lots of great info and great people.

Welcome to the SMF my friend. Looks like you've been bit by the Q bug. You say you're from the Bay area, but I'm sure they can smell you smoking Q all the way to "The City."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky