New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

metroy

Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
My sons gave me a Masterbuilt gas smoker for my birthday. I'm going to do my first smoke this weekend. I haven't decided what it will be, probably a brisket or ribs. My oldest son pointed me to this forum. He said I could learn everything I need here.
I live in College Station, Texas.
-Mark

Hi there and welcome, lots of guys just joined in the past 24 hours.

You may already be doing this but just in case you are not, be sure to "season" your new smoker well for a few hours.  Also it may be a good idea to do something cheap like a whole chicken or chicken quarters first to figure out if your smoker is working properly, has hot/cold spots, etc.

Taking a few precautionary baby steps first will help avoid any disappointment or disasters on the first "real" smoke.  Best of luck!

Hello and welcome to SMF from the Great white North 
canada-flag-68.gif
. Browse the forums and ask lots of questions, get involved. There is a an amazing amount of info, recipes and knowledge here that are second to none. Enjoy good luck and share your experiences. Great kids, And knowledgeable sending you here. 

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from another beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.                           Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky