New smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cnysmoke

Original poster
May 29, 2013
Upstate NY
Hi everyone I'm Butch aka cnysmoke now ..lol

I live in Central New York 1 hr NE of Syracuse.

Here is my 1st post on here which will let you know more about me it was a comment on a post by Meowey called Basic Pulled Pork

My cousin bought a Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain propane smoker and used it once. He said it was way to much of a pain to use so I said give it to me and I will give it a try and if I like it I'll buy it. I love to cook and grill but I have NEVER used a smoker. I googled pulled pork (my absolute favorite) and there was a link to this site and this post. So I read Meowey's post and said I think I can do that. Also I'm also an Upstate New Yorker so I thought this guy must be alright..lol. I can say with out any reservations this was the BEST pulled pork I have ever had. I fed my wife and kids, my parents, and my brothers family and everyone was blown away at how awesome it came out. I learned a lot about smoking and my new smoker but I now have the confidence to try to experiment more. I do need to try a few other suggestions I have read like using sand in the water pan and installing a needle valve on my smoker to try to get more stable temps and more accurate adjustments. If you guys think these are good ideas or bad ones please give me some input.

Meowey thank you and everyone on this site for the help and info

P.S. I used SoFlaQers finishing sauce it was also perfect Thanks for the suggestion

Regards,

cnysmoke

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-Course.  It's packed with great information to use...no matter what your experience level might be!  http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Last edited:
Welcome,Butch. The forum welcomes you and you Family to Ours.

I would like to help more but I am a Wood Burner and only Grill some on Gas.

What you have already done sounds right , however the GOSM pros will be shortly and can guide you to perfection...

Meanwhile :

Have fun and as always . . .

Thanks oldschool for the welcome someday I would love to venture into wood smoke I will hit you up if i ever take the plunge.

Butch

Hi Butch! :welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! We have over 50,000 members now who just love to share what they know. You've come to the best place on the net to learn and share everything Q!!!

Welcome to the forums, Butch! Glad you've joined us. You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...grilling and smoking great food! Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky