New Pecos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chuthmak

Original poster
Feb 16, 2020
Well I bit the bullet after a couple months of reading and research. Picked up my OCB Pecos on a road trip in Atlanta and brought it back to CT (without coronavirus!).

Seasoned it with Pam today and couldn’t resist the beautiful day.

Never smoked before but all the tips here along with some Franklin videos and I’m off and running.

Gotta say this thing is running like a champ. Very sensitive to adjust with just the vent in the FB. Works great. Lid seals well. I’m looking forward to some great stuff ahead!

Can’t wait to taste the results in a couple hours!

2097FCD1-C10C-4167-B6B6-9D866AA92654.jpeg

C12F1EEF-3B3B-470A-B947-A46A3C32FDE8.jpeg

Well I bit the bullet after a couple months of reading and research. Picked up my OCB Pecos on a road trip in Atlanta and brought it back to CT (without coronavirus!).

Seasoned it with Pam today and couldn’t resist the beautiful day.

Never smoked before but all the tips here along with some Franklin videos and I’m off and running.

Gotta say this thing is running like a champ. Very sensitive to adjust with just the vent in the FB. Works great. Lid seals well. I’m looking forward to some great stuff ahead!

Can’t wait to taste the results in a couple hours!

View attachment 436472
View attachment 436473

Welcome to the site.
Congratulations on your new smoker, (And smoking hobby). Nice looking smoker. Let us know how your ribs turn out.

Welcome to the site.
Congratulations on your new smoker, (And smoking hobby). Nice looking smoker. Let us know how your ribs turn out.

Well the wife gave them a thumbs up so I guess I’m hooked. It’s her fault I bought it anyway. We stopped at Steve’s Smokehouse in NC and she told me to learn how to cook brisket. Challenge accepted!

Ribs tasted great.
582D6061-9638-45ED-971A-29050B9642AB.jpeg

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky