New more expensive smoker wanted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjl

Original poster
May 29, 2019
I am looking for a new smoker in the $400 to $900 range. I have had a smokey joe, an electric smoker, a masterbuilt and a smoke hollow. Liked the last two the best. But now I’m looking to up my game and get a better one yet. Any suggestions or websites to visit?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I thank you guys for any responses. I will also continue to look at other threads.

Hard to help you decide,lot of great choices ,you need to decide how you want to cook, charcoal gas wood pellets sun power lol , then folks will flock to your thread to spend your $

I have heard some good things about the Grilla grills. I have yet to see one in action though. Komodo grills are a great choice for all around cooking.

I am partial to Rec Tec because thats what I chose after months of over-research. there are many options in your price range.

I would focus on;
  • type
  • build materials
  • warranty
  • customer service
  • reliability
But my Rec Tec has been flawless for 9 months.

Reactions: JC in GB
Might research Cookshack products. Have a SM 160 and enjoy the ease of cooking it provides. Beware products are not inexpensive.

Hey, guys, thanks for the feedback. Since I posted on the propane sub, I figured I didn't need to state I was looking for a gas smoker, but guess I should have. I am familiar with Komodo, but have not heard of Grilla, Rec Tec or Cookshack. I certainly will check them out. Personal recommendations are the way to go IMO, so I thank you.

Sandyut, I laugh when I read your "months of over-research." I don't want to do that, but I fear I may be starting down that road!

oh yes, I went way over OCD on my research before coming to my senses. I wasnt sure at first on what type, but landed on pellets and have no regrets. lots of versatility and easy to cook low and smoke and then kick up to bake and sear (like on wings-smoke;em low then crisp them on high)

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky