New member from Pennsylvania

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ken_67

Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone, my name is Ken and I live in East Butler, Pa. I work at a Wound & Hyperbaric Oxygen Center. Very new to the smoking sceen-my wife got me a Masterbuilt electric smoker for Christmas. I stumbled upon this site while researching how to smoke-alot of information here and that's always a good thing. I plan on my first smoke experience tomorrow (a chicken & half a brisket).
Any advice would be appreciated. Peace :)

Welcome from Central PA. We have alot of Pa members here.

My advice, the chick and brisket should be cooked at different times. Chicken needs to be cooked hot and brisket low and slow.

Reactions: Ken_67
Thanks C Farmer--I appreciate it. I'll make one tomorrow and the other on Monday.
--Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome & advice, it is truly appreciated.
I just put my first brisket (right around 4 1/4 lb) in the smoker, now I wait :cool:.
It's on 225 degrees and I set the timer for 7 hrs (any additional advice if I
need to adjust time or temp would be appreciated). I used apple chips and a
80/20 mix of water & apple cider vinegar in the water pan.
Hopefully it will turn out close to how awesome the pictures on this site look.

Good idea Fade2Blacc-if it turns out good I will.

Hi everyone, my name is Ken and I live in East Butler, Pa. I work at a Wound & Hyperbaric Oxygen Center. Very new to the smoking sceen-my wife got me a Masterbuilt electric smoker for Christmas. I stumbled upon this site while researching how to smoke-alot of information here and that's always a good thing. I plan on my first smoke experience tomorrow (a chicken & half a brisket).
Any advice would be appreciated. Peace :)

Welcome Ken. I'm a newb smoker as a well. Do yourself a favor and look up Dutch's Wicked Smoked Baked Beans recipe here on the forum. They will partner with virtually anything you smoke. I've made it 4 times since Christmas!

Thanks saltysandman.
I added two hours on to my total time and it turned out pretty tasty....

Reactions: saltysandman
texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a pretty nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky