New guy from Fort Worth, TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crono782

Original poster
Sep 7, 2018
Hey all. Glad I found this forum, it's been super helpful so far. Fairly new to smoking. Got a MB dual fuel the other day on sale and tried it out for the first time w/ a couple baby backs and some wings and corn. Worked pretty good, but had to baby sit it the whole day. Definitely ready for another try!

Got a Weber iGrill for thermo, using a cast iron skillet w/ chunks over the stock chip pan (that sucker gets hot!). Bought a needle valve and extra length of gas line the other day to help keep the temp consistent and the parts to add a halex connector in the side to keep the probe cords out of the way.

I keep seeing everyone rave about the AMN* products and seems like they're worth the money to add extra smoke or cold smoke. Not going to get too fancy, but i'd like to try smoking some boiled eggs before pickling them. :D I reckon i can just add the tube or tray at the bottom rather than a full on mailbox mod of sorts hopefully.

Anyway, happy to be here. I've go the itch now, hah. Ready to smoke some more!

Welcome to the site glad you decided to join. I haven't done them in a long time, but there are a few posts on smoking and pickling eggs somewhere around here.

Chris

Welcome to SMF! I, too, am from Fort Worth for the last 20+ years, originally from Northern New York where my dad owned a small meat and grocery store and cured and smoked practically anything that moved (hams, bacons, corned beef/pastrami, dried beef, chickens, turkeys, and so on). Please, ask questions, this is what we're here for!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky