New Camp Chef Vault 24 owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Growing_Belly

Original poster
Feb 14, 2021
Orange County, CA
I had been using a tiny Smoke Hollow smoker and wanted something wide enough for a brisket so I purchased the Vault 24. Holds a lot of water and has enough space for wood chunks. A couple days ago I smoked a Port Butt for 9 hours and I forgot to resupply it with water. 1 1/2 SOS pads and 45 minutes of scrubbing later...my water pan became clear of baked on crust. The port butt shredded up great and I used a cast iron pan to crisp up one side of the shredded pork and it was quite tasty. I used the Killer Hogs BBQ rub and wrapped the butt in pink butcher paper after the first couple hours. I cooked it fat side up.
I still a little leery of cooking a $57 prime brisket. Soon though.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us.
If you take a piece of aluminum foil and wrap the top side of the water pushing it down into the pan then wrapping the other side and ends it will hold water fine and will be simple come clean up time

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Welcome to SMF!
Yep what Piney said will make life a lot easier.
I’ve had a Smoke Vault 24 for several years.
As a matter of fact I used it so much that I have rebuilt it twice.
But parts are cheap & easy to get from Camp Chef.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky