Need more room

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phyx

Original poster
Jun 29, 2023
I have 6 side ribs and 6 back ribs on the OKJ Highland. I also have a whole pork shoulder but not enough room to cook it all so the shoulder is going on tomorrow.

I originally used some rib racks to stand the ribs up on their edges during the first 3 hours in the smoker, but ditched the racks so I can more easily mop them until they’re done.

It is in really humid here today and we’re under a tornado watch right now. Had to extend the stack a bit but didn’t have any pipe so I rolled cardboard around The existing smokestack and secured it with electrical tape! It actually is working just fine. LOL

I hate cooking in humidity and rain but what can you do when you’re meat is ready to go?

Attachments

• IMG_7478.jpeg
    IMG_7478.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 29
Holey crap, that's alot of ribs. . . looks good !
It was supposed to be just 6 back ribs and the pork shoulder but my first stop didn’t have backs but great looking sides. Then I had to stop at a different place later I. The day and they had backs on sale. So, I decided why not both?

I'll be in the pool dealing with the humidity... holler when they are done! Looks awesome!

Ryan

Reactions: phyx
Thanks everyone! Here’s the final result. I have to say that cardboard makes a great stack extension (even held up in the rain!).

Attachments

• IMG_9904.jpeg
    IMG_9904.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 13
Hell yeah Brother, that is what I call getting it done! Looks great.

Dave
Thank you!

I have to commend you on your avatar. It really ties the room together. :emoji_sunglasses:

Edit: thought it was The Dude until I zoomed in. Either way, your avatar is still cool…hope you find a felt pen or magic marker when you need one. :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky