Need help with buying new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

saynaw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Ga
I'm looking to buy new smoker looking at Oklahoma Joe highland and a old country Pecos need help in deciding which one

From a lot of research that I did a couple of years ago, I think that the Old Country is a really good unit. The Pecos is good, but I would prefer the Wrangler. The Wrangler is a little smaller, but has a second grate and is thicker metal.

Give them a look. Good luck in your research, Joe.

I just bought the OC wrangler a few weeks ago and I am super happy with it. this is my first smoker so I don't have anything to compare it to but Im glad I did not get the oklahoma joe even though I could have got a discount and got it much cheaper the OC wrangler was definitely the better choice and worth the extra money.

I seen the wrangler had thicker steel what about the Pecos compared to the highland

I seen the wrangler had thicker steel what about the Pecos compared to the highland
If your like me and sometimes question the legitimacy of reviews online go check them out in person. Id bet if you went and looked at both of them and put your hands on them you would easily be able to make a choice. Just take an afternoon and go see them both in the store. grab them and shack them around a little, pick them both up and move them around, open and close the lid on the cooking chamber and fire box. If you go do that I think you'll have no problem making a choice after that.

If your like me and sometimes question the legitimacy of reviews online go check them out in person. Id bet if you went and looked at both of them and put your hands on them you would easily be able to make a choice. Just take an afternoon and go see them both in the store. grab them and shack them around a little, pick them both up and move them around, open and close the lid on the cooking chamber and fire box. If you go do that I think you'll have no problem making a choice after that.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from another beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.                           Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

My grill a cantina xxl need help with building a firebox need to know what gauge steel and the dimensions

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky