Napoleon Griddle Accessory for Prestige 500?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
Has anyone here tried the cast iron griddle Napoleon makes for the Prestige 500? I have finally admitted to myself that grilling steaks ia a gigantic mistake. I now think I should have a griddle on one side and a grill grate on the other, for vegetables or sausages. I don't know if the griddle will get hot enough to fry a steak well, though.

We can fight duels later. I just want to know about the griddle.
It was an honest question.....I just was asking what lead to that assumption. But ok, Actually a lodge cast iron skillet is cost effective. And will sear a steak quite nicely on your grill.

It's not an assumption.

The reason I want a griddle is that it will give me room for multiple steaks, and it will help me make better use of this expensive grill.

Reactions: JLeonard
Not sure what the napoleon griddle costs but you can get a Weber or Amazon knockoff griddle for $50-200 depending on your needs. Still not sure how you think a grilled steak is inferior to a cast iron steak but to each his own.. something tells me you are grilling them wrong, but then again to each their own.. ha

Not sure what the napoleon griddle costs but you can get a Weber or Amazon knockoff griddle for $50-200 depending on your needs. Still not sure how you think a grilled steak is inferior to a cast iron steak but to each his own.. something tells me you are grilling them wrong, but then again to each their own.. ha
kinda where I was going..,..But then I cook on a $150 dollar weber kettle and not a $1000+ gas grill. What do I know?

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky