My smoker and intro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah been reading and the vent/hook thing seems a bad idea as I actually want some direct heat hitting the bottom of the deflector plate right?

I may do as you say, just have a large water pan maybe 100mm above the hole, pushed more over to the right hand side, that would create a drip pan, water pan and kind of reverse flow all in one eh.
115 mm would be better for air flow losses.

Well… I had a little play with more rivets 😂 raised the rack up a tad, and added some lower little brackets for a drip tray/ heat deflector, sided over to the rhs. Will drill a hole in the rhs of the tray and it can drain into the small pan below. Will try and get a slightly longer tray on order

There’s not much space inside her to do much else…

Will run a smoke test and see what happens

IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3883.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
Ps baking tray will no doubt be changed for one nice piece of thick steel. It’s just a play around at the mo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky