My new cutting board

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking board ... Very talanted son you have there.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I believe walnut and oak, not 100% sure on oak. His G-Pa helped him, G-pa is into the wood working pretty big(wifes dad). G-Pa just told him what to do and watched over him.

I'll probably use it w/thin, flexiable cutting mats that I also got for Christmas from his G-Ma. He was dissapointed when I said I didn't want to use it cause it was so pretty. So I thought, I'll use it and if/when I need another I'll have it on my "hint list".

Next step is to find/make a tray to set it in so I can quickly get the grease/food off so it doesn't soak in.

Thank you for all the kind comments, I'll pass them along....I know he'll get a kick outta that.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Beautiful craftsmanship! I'm with Ritchee on this one...I'm giving points for showing off your Pride and Joy....

Cheers,
Brian

yup Al, real nice-saw the walnut,was thinking the other was maple(tight grain)good color contrast!! he did a great job

Info on board.

Walnut and hard maple, 2" thick planed down smooth.

Wife said w/the wood, glue, oil, ..........big gulp..........about $150
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

I now need to clean my shorts.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

I'll have to agree with Nitrous......Its Just like the Mastercard commercial, PRICELESS!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Just think about what he could do with $500.00!!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

If'n that cuting board was mine, I be using it as a tray to load things on to take to and from my outdoor cooking area. That board is way to nice to be cutting things on!!
icon14.gif
Tell the lad that this old woodworker is sure impressed!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Nope, Ithaca M-49 .22 cal. Yr.......??? don't know, was Dads 22 when he was a "young'n", born in 48.

The others are a Rossi (near new) 20 ga/243, Ruger 22, in cases are Ithaca M-66 single shot 20 ga. and a Remington 1100

Last 2 are from a dear friend that passed away 9/06, cancer. His dad gave them to my son, Cole, its what David wanted.

Only guns I have are the Ruger and a Beretta AL 390 Silver Mallard 12 ga.

Will be VERY hard to let Cole shoot the two from my friend.

Get choked up every time. David is the one who showed me where a pheasant "pecker" was, back when I was a kid. Obviously, he pointed to the pheasants' beak.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Have a sneeking suspicion someone will utter similar sentiments about that cutting board one day..
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
It's items like that, and moments of reminising like this that make life so special! IMO

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky