My new cutting board

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 21, 2006
Western Kansas
Son made this for me, he's 12. I just got it sealed up w/mineral oil. 24" X 26" X 1 7/16" thick.

Gonna be hard to use. About as proud as a Dad can get.

Thanks Cole.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/

Had to share it w/you all.

That looks awesome BigAl. If he's still in the giving mood, I'll sign up for one :)

That is a very nice looking cutting board. Looks like you have a very talented woodworker on your hands. Tell your son to keep up the good work.

Kookie

Al, that looks outstanding. If he's got the means to do it, I'd like him to make me one and I'd buy it.

It looks great. I would be proud too!!

Nice board! The boy must take after his mom
icon_razz.gif

Great job Cole!

just place a clear plastic cutting board on top of it.......you can still see it, while cutting on the plastic......least till the plastic gets to scarred to see thru it..........
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

That looks fantastic. Looks like he is very talented. Maybe he could make you another one so you could use one and save the other.

Dang Al, that's a talented 12 year old ya got there! Your chest ought to be sticking way out with pride.
You should just go ahead and use it so he feels like he made something you like, needed, and use. I know, I know, it's awful pretty.
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

That, my friend, is as good as it gets!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
In my opinion, your son made that fine piece of equipment for his dad to use, not to be displayed and not enjoyed as it was meant to be. Just my thought, Cole did a FINE job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky