My first smoked eggs.......with Q-views.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lightbulb! You have open up my mind to new brain thingys....dang it! Now I have something NEW to run into the dirt...thanks.

BTW, they look great. Have you thought about putting those in potato salad...what a twist.

Looks-Great.gif

I saw these somewheres, My wife and I made our own version of them for a get together....I think I'm going to do a smoked version of these for the Christmas party Friday....We called them Angry birds .....BTW......They were a hit at the get together, the only problem was that everyone thought they were so cute they didn't want to eat them....
ROTF.gif
....SB

I boiled them and pealed them first.....then, smoke them...I'm going to make Smoking Angry Birds......
ROTF.gif
SB

Last edited:
so...do you mind if I use that idea for a get together??? of course I will give you all the credit...wink wink..

Great job SB.  I love people to spark the creative side.  I generally dont have a lot to START but after the lightbulb is burning the ideas start-a-flowing.

Merry Christmas Sir!!!

Very nice so now you have my mind spinning what do you think of cold smoking them with the amps since you said you did yours at 150 - 175 and they were rubbery.

Those look good SB

so...do you mind if I use that idea for a get together??? of course I will give you all the credit...wink wink..

Great job SB.  I love people to spark the creative side.  I generally dont have a lot to START but after the lightbulb is burning the ideas start-a-flowing.

Merry Christmas Sir!!!
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you also......

Very nice so now you have my mind spinning what do you think of cold smoking them with the amps since you said you did yours at 150 - 175 and they were rubbery.

Those look good SB
I was thinking of smoking lower temperature also.....a cold smoke may do the trick......Let me know if you try it out.....

Been smoking the eggs in the shell for year 2 hours at about 275. 
 Mmmm...yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say those are probably done by now. So if you could check on them, that would be great. Mmmkay?

(shamelessly paraphrased and adapted for this thread from the calssic move, Office Space)

Reactions: zahlgren
OK, after much stalling and wanting to do this...Christmas Eve was upon me.  So I boiled a dozen eggs. Then because the temps we going to be as cold as my fridge I thought I may as well cold smoke these babies.  Fired up the old school AMS filled it with the only dust I had left...Cherry.  I put the eggs and about 3# of various cheese portions and let it go all night long.  They had beautiful color and when I cut them to make deviled eggs I thought a should have had more smoke...nope. Those deviled eggs were the best I have had in years. 8 hours with real light smoke is PERFECT!

I only had one person complain and her complaint was 'I cant reconcile eggs and smoke in my head, they just shouldn't go together. I just didn't like it.' Ok, I dont even try to fight mental people....I can take one dislike.  

Thanks for this thread, great ideas are found here!!!

sorry no pics, 

I so happy that so many people liked the ideal.......Thanks for all of the engorgement to continue to play with my food...... my grandmother would be so proud of me....
wife.gif
....For some reason, I feel that the creaminess of the yoke mixing with the mayo, salt and pepper then being stuffed back into that smoked white part of the egg is just perfect!!! I could eat a dozen of them by myself, but I don’t think anyone around me would want me to…..
th_HaHAAHaa.gif
It was a hit at the Work Christmas party, Christmas party at my friends house and my own Christmas day lunch. All in all I think I cooked/smoked 5 dozen eggs this year..... Not bad for someone that has never done this before .........Now the problem is, I set the bar way to high this year...
pot.gif
.....I need some ideals for next year……
51.gif
……..ShoneyBoy

Last edited:
Just poking in here as I need to do some eggs soon, maybe next with some wild sockeye salmon I have.  Your smoked egg salad or smoked angry birds are to die for!

Need to do this ASAP!  Might break out the smoker again in the snow!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky