My First including "The Fish Fattie"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dools103

Original poster
May 4, 2011
Shallotte NC

Was going to wus out and just do a Cordon Bleu fattie but got to the store and said the hell with it. First the Chicken was  just 2 chicken breasts butterflied, or at least slit open a bit and pounded out, had gotten some ham and swiss sliced about an 1/8th inch thick, followed thread instructions did the ham, cheese and then another breast, rolled in wax paper and then rolled it in the bacon weave, which I got first try, tks again to this forum and then rolled it in plastic wrap and into the fridge, Now for the unknown, I had gotten 3 flounder filets, were not too thick, just a wee bit in the middle, between plastic wrap and flattened with my rubber mallet from the garage, only mallet in the house is a tenderizer with teeth, mix for these are canned crabmeat 6oz, some green oinions, scallions whatever you call them chopped, Old Bay less then 1/2 teaspoon, a dollop or two of mayo and some bread crumbs, no exact measurements just eyeing it in a stainless bowl, overlapped the filets a bit, spread the crabmeat and rolled, made it to the bacon weave, which rolled up ok, wrapped in plastic wrap and in the fridge, got the smoker started ran it to 230 with a couple of small chunks of apple, really tryin to keep the smoke light, put the chicken in and  the fish an hour later, had kicked the temp up to 250 the chicken was 3 1/2 and the fish was 2 1/2 internal chicken 165, fish 145, light smoke flavore, could taste the cheese melted into the chicken, the crabmeat and spices in the fish, might throw them in a broiler for a minute or 2 next time to crisp the bacon a bit more, Oh just a ip, cut with electric knife worked great

Last edited:
Nice work...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky