my best buck so far

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used the LEM's brand of "breakfast"sausage seasoning/and Lems' collagen casing from Academy here in TX,I put lest than a teaspoon of pink salt in my mix for a cure during cold smoke. I'm no pro sausage making but I want to learn. I had a package of seasoning that I bought from a butcher,he's suffered a stroke and family closed his shop.

"I'm no pro sausage making but I want to learn."

Here's another good site on sausage making. I don't know if it's allowed but figure the more help we all can get, the better.

.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/

'

Reactions: woodsman5150
I made family history with my best free range East Texas Whitetail ever. I can not express the emotion that went through my mind as walked toward this deer and watch the antlers grow with every step.The next day got I over my thrill and the serious work began.
View attachment 343815
Seasoned deer hunters know when the buck is down the real work starts.I forgot to ask my cousin to leave his gate unlocked for me.I had to drag this 211 pounds about 1/4 mile to the gate and get him on the tailgate of my truck alone in the Trinity river bottom,ibuprofen was my closest ally at camp that night.That night I caped and quartered my trophy,ate morning breakfast and told the story many times to friends and family around the campfire. Once home washing,removing fascia and sinew debonning took place.View attachment 343818 View attachment 343819
I fired up the (I thought cheap grinder) I got off ebay 12 years ago.Around 14 deer and several hogs have traveled the chute on this 59.99 grinder to fame. My Northern Tool sausage press has not failed my 60/40 mix either.
View attachment 343820 View attachment 343821
I did a thread on my back yard smoke house, after a couple test burns to "season" it -I had no time between family work and the hunt "tweak"the design,I was able to reach a good temp for cold smoking. I want a higher temp so I did not smoke my entire batch,worried about the temp so I used a little pink salt in my seasoning also.
View attachment 343822 View attachment 343823
finished product pics later. Had to go back to work,but I had an awesome hunt and it ain't over.

Great Buck! I'd like to see the thread on the backyard smokehouse you built. I'm quite interested in that.
Thank you in advance,
Tony

Reactions: woodsman5150
Just seeing this thread, what a great buck. I like your set up; Family, deer hunting, smoked meats...doesn't get much better than that!

Thank you 73saint ,we have been extremely blessed. I can not wait to get that mount back from the taxi.

Reactions: 73saint
Thank you 73saint ,we have been extremely blessed. I can not wait to get that mount back from the taxi.
It'll be worth the wait. Last season, I killed my biggest to date, just got the mount back a few months ago. Still grinning. Hope you don't mind me sharing a few pics on your thread...

IMG_6750.JPG IMG_8874.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky