my 4th of july smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle_lar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hennepin, Illinois
haveing some family over today so I decided to do a big smoke since I havent done one in a while.

I picked up a nice 12 # packer and some chickens.

going to do some ABTs and some beans too. plus the family is bring  some dishes.

I got the packer going at 11:30 last night foiled it at 7 this morning. at 9 it was @ 200 so I pulled it and separated the

point for burnt ends.

Foiled the flat with some juice and put it in my Alto Shaam on hold @ 150*

I did up the burnt end and I put the yard bird in  at11:30 just a few minutes ago

going to get the ABTs ready now and eats are planned for about 3:30.

I will post more later

thanks for looking.
c53530e9_4th%20smoke%20004.jpg

dc7736fe_4th%20smoke%20002.jpg

ok , yesterday was really busy so i didnt get time to post the rest of the smoke.

So hear are the rest of the pictures.

everything turned out fantastic. brisket was a bit hit and my nieces husband who is from Texas

thought he was back home. that made me feel good

full smoker.

beans on top, burnt ends and 2 racks of chicken

4fef296e_4th%20smoke%20009.jpg

ABTs waiting to go in the smoke

I had to pull the burnt ends when they wer done and then put in  theABTs

I definitely need a bigger smoker

f747e5d2_4th%20smoke%20010.jpg

the spread.

we had fresh sweet corn and home made macaroni salad too but I forgot to get a picture of them

45af4bfe_4th%20smoke%20011.jpg

0130edff_4th%20smoke%20013.jpg

the brisket lost some of its smoke ring being foiled for 4 hours but it sure had a fantastic taste and was juicy as could

be. I used pecan and apple for everything and it had great flavor

the chicken and ABTs.

I dusted the chicken with old bays and garlic , I gave it a couple shots of apple juice while it was smoking

ABTs had my homemade Italian sausage, onion, garlic , creams cheese, and cheddar cheese stuffing

4fadb9dc_4th%20smoke%20012.jpg

thanks for looking, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend

Am I doing something wrong in my posting on the new forum venue?

is I cant believe no one has commented on my spread.

is my post showing up?

Ive been  away a bit and this was my first Qviev on  the new forum

wondering if I did it right?

Spread looks awesome ... just have to wait until everyone gets to work and surf's the net.

(First post)

It was awesome, Lar.  You're right - the brisket was perfect.  Made me think I was back in East Texas.  Now you've got me itching to try it myself!

I missed this thread I'm glad it came back up because it all looks outstanding great job
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

(First post)

It was awesome, Lar.  You're right - the brisket was perfect.  Made me think I was back in East Texas.  Now you've got me itching to try it myself!
Adam, welcome to the forum, Iam really glad you came. stop by the roll call section and introduce yourself.

you know I was really nervous but glad to have you and family for the 4th. I did not want to disappoint you with average Q

I am glad you enjoyed and hope we all can get together again soon

call if you have questions about anything

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky