My 2nd smoke pork loin on WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burm1000

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Salina KS
Trying one just rubbed the other in a jelly sauce recipe I found on the site.

Also some baked beans on the bottom.

And some corn on the cob.

Beans on since one. Wife's recipe with 5 kinds of beans and sausage. Takes a while to get them done.

Currently smoking at 250 or so for first part of pork. I'll ramp it up as we go since that seems to be the most common advice for lean pork loin and the beans need the heat as well. There's quite a bit of food in there but I wanted to try some sides with main dish before next weekend. I'm nervous about getting it all done.

I'd call the end products average. Pulled the two loins at 148 and 150. Wrapped and coolered them for later. Not sure what the coasted to. Ate about 1.5 hours later. Beans good but dryer than usual crock pot results. Corn got a little overdone. Pork was good but probably got a little overdone as well. Here is the only picture I remembered to snap. Good but room for improvement.

Almost forgot, jelly sauce was really good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky