Mustard base sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scsmoker843

Original poster
Dec 27, 2023
What are a few mustard base sauces that you can find at the local grocery store? The only one I have used is catlemans gold.

If you are in South Carolina, try Sweet Baby Rays and also Dukes is readily available. The Dukes is fairly new and has a little sharper flavor than the SBR's imo. I like it. Sticky Fingers Carolina Gold is ok. I don't eat much of it but I'll buy any of the 3 on sale. If not on sale, probably the Dukes. It's killer good drizzled over a little potato salad.

Sweet Baby Ray's is ok, Duke's (the mayo maker) has one that is good, and during the summer Aldi has one (Burman's Carolina) that I like pretty well.

I'm not a mustard based sauce guy, but there are a LOT of great recipes on here for them.

Have you thought about trying your hand at making some?

If you are in South Carolina, try Sweet Baby Rays and also Dukes is readily available. The Dukes is fairly new and has a little sharper flavor than the SBR's imo. I like it. Sticky Fingers Carolina Gold is ok. I don't eat much of it but I'll buy any of the 3 on sale. If not on sale, probably the Dukes. It's killer good drizzled over a little potato salad.
SC here. I'm in the low country

What are a few mustard base sauces that you can find at the local grocery store?

SC here. I'm in the low country
Any and all of the Lillie's sauces I've had are fantastic . Haven't had the mustard yet , but they have a couple different ones . This one says Low Country . The other one I see here is Carolina Gold .
I'm assuming you can buy Lillie's where you're at .
20240112_071303.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky