Mudd Slathered Pork Loin Stuffed W/ Canadian Bacon, Spinach, & Cheese (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well well, once again y'all have prompted me to do something weird and off the wall, but it was OH SO GOOD!! Not long ago I was engaged in a conversation in the chat room with this fella named Brian. He's one of those moderator / admin type of guys that goes by the username of bmudd14474 bmudd14474 Some of y'all may have heard of him :emoji_wink: He showed an interest in the garlic infused olive oil and spicy vinegar I'd been doing and the next thing we knew, we were engaged in an impromptu gift exchange. I sent him oil and vinegar, he sent me a big pack of his rub, which he has dubbed Mudd Rub, or something like that. He gave me some recommendations on different things to use it for and after tasting it I decided on pork. It seemed to have the perfect flavor profile, and my guess (as well as his recommendation) turned out to be spot-on. So here we go....

Spinach in a pan with a drizzle of garlic olive oil and some smoked Spanish paprika
015.jpg

Here is the cheese I chose to use
016.jpg

Homemade Canadian Bacon
017.jpg

Some cheese sliced up. That's actually about a quarter pound of cheese
018.jpg

Here's the pork loin
019.jpg

Slice it open to create a pocket in the center
020.jpg

Round 1 of the Canadian Bacon on the bottom (2 slices for each round)
021.jpg

Add the cheese
022.jpg

Round 2 of the Canadian Bacon
023.jpg

Spinach that has been lightly sauteed
025.jpg

Round 3 of the Canadian Bacon
026.jpg

All stuffed and ready to go on the Rec Tec....almost.
027.jpg

A big ol' sack of Mudd Rub
028.jpg

Apply liberally to the pork loin all the way around
029.jpg

Now it's time to go on the Rec Tec. This is about an hour in running 235. Look at the color the rub is producing on the roast!!
031.jpg

Made a nice salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, celery, broccoli, shaved Bellafoglia Parmesan cheese, and croutons. Dressing was just my garlic olive oil and spicy vinegar
032.jpg

Time was short so took the easy sleazy way out with the stuffing again. I really need to plan better so I don't have to keep making these impromptu dinners on short notice
033.jpg

Roast done and into the house to get happy for a few minutes. This looks amazing!! Wound up finishing it at 350 for the last 30 minutes to get it done.
035.jpg

Lordy lordy, look at this...so juicy, tender, and succulent
036.jpg

Finally it's time to eat. Money shot!!
037.jpg

What can I say at this point that the pics don't say? This was spectacular. The flavor from the rub is well beyond my very limited vocabulary and we just loved the flavors of the cheese and spinach that cooked all the way through the meat. There was a cornucopia of nuances that blended together so well to create a perfect balance of complexity and decadence. This was by far Tracy's favorite pork dish that I've ever made and I'm not far from agreeing with her. Many, many thanks to Brian for his generosity in sharing the rub. After this post he may have to go into business producing this stuff for commercial sales, it's that good!! I'm now thinking I may need to make a Mudd Soup with the leftovers so be prepared for another insane Mudd related post sometime in the near future :emoji_wink:

Really happy with this bout of insanity,
Robert

Looks excellent Robert, Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great Robert! Love the spinach and cheese combo. bmudd14474 bmudd14474 rub looks interesting and from the sounds of it is delcious. Another great cook!

Well well, once again y'all have prompted me to do something weird and off the wall, but it was OH SO GOOD!! Not long ago I was engaged in a conversation in the chat room with this fella named Brian. He's one of those moderator / admin type of guys that goes by the username of bmudd14474 bmudd14474 Some of y'all may have heard of him :emoji_wink: He showed an interest in the garlic infused olive oil and spicy vinegar I'd been doing and the next thing we knew, we were engaged in an impromptu gift exchange. I sent him oil and vinegar, he sent me a big pack of his rub, which he has dubbed Mudd Rub, or something like that. He gave me some recommendations on different things to use it for and after tasting it I decided on pork. It seemed to have the perfect flavor profile, and my guess (as well as his recommendation) turned out to be spot-on. So here we go....

Spinach in a pan with a drizzle of garlic olive oil and some smoked Spanish paprika
View attachment 424987

Here is the cheese I chose to use
View attachment 424989

Homemade Canadian Bacon
View attachment 424990

Some cheese sliced up. That's actually about a quarter pound of cheese
View attachment 424991

Here's the pork loin
View attachment 424992

Slice it open to create a pocket in the center
View attachment 424993

Round 1 of the Canadian Bacon on the bottom (2 slices for each round)
View attachment 424994

Add the cheese
View attachment 424995

Round 2 of the Canadian Bacon
View attachment 424996

Spinach that has been lightly sauteed
View attachment 424997

Round 3 of the Canadian Bacon
View attachment 424998

All stuffed and ready to go on the Rec Tec....almost.
View attachment 424999

A big ol' sack of Mudd Rub
View attachment 425000

Apply liberally to the pork loin all the way around
View attachment 425001

Now it's time to go on the Rec Tec. This is about an hour in running 235. Look at the color the rub is producing on the roast!!
View attachment 425002

Made a nice salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, celery, broccoli, shaved Bellafoglia Parmesan cheese, and croutons. Dressing was just my garlic olive oil and spicy vinegar
View attachment 425003

Time was short so took the easy sleazy way out with the stuffing again. I really need to plan better so I don't have to keep making these impromptu dinners on short notice
View attachment 425005

Roast done and into the house to get happy for a few minutes. This looks amazing!! Wound up finishing it at 350 for the last 30 minutes to get it done.
View attachment 425004

Lordy lordy, look at this...so juicy, tender, and succulent
View attachment 425006

Finally it's time to eat. Money shot!!
View attachment 425007

What can I say at this point that the pics don't say? This was spectacular. The flavor from the rub is well beyond my very limited vocabulary and we just loved the flavors of the cheese and spinach that cooked all the way through the meat. There was a cornucopia of nuances that blended together so well to create a perfect balance of complexity and decadence. This was by far Tracy's favorite pork dish that I've ever made and I'm not far from agreeing with her. Many, many thanks to Brian for his generosity in sharing the rub. After this post he may have to go into business producing this stuff for commercial sales, it's that good!! I'm now thinking I may need to make a Mudd Soup with the leftovers so be prepared for another insane Mudd related post sometime in the near future :emoji_wink:

Really happy with this bout of insanity,
Robert
It looks super good. I was paired with Brian on the Christmas exchange. He also sent his rub with other items. It looks great on your pork loin. I will be using it very soon on ribs.

Looks excellent Robert, Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks so much Chris. Very much appreciate the nice words and the like!! I just gotta go do those twisted burgers of yours again :emoji_laughing: Those were so good!!

Looks delicious

Thank you Jake. It was really, really good, that's for sure!!

Another creative masterpiece executed to perfection Robert! Like, RAY

Appreciate it Ray. As I'm sure you have figured out, I'm having a really good time doing this sort of stuff. Got another off-the-wall flavor profile going for dinner tonight.

Many thanks to all!!
Robert

Looks great Robert! Love the spinach and cheese combo. bmudd14474 bmudd14474 rub looks interesting and from the sounds of it is delcious. Another great cook!

Appreciate it Jeff. I have to admit that the addition of Brian's rub made all the difference in the flavor profile. I have a pork rub that I really like but for this meal, Brian's was definitely the way to go!!

Fantastic dish! Looks awesome! Like!

-----> Bowing humbly :emoji_wink: The accolades mean a lot to me and thank you for the LIKE

Robert

It looks super good. I was paired with Brian on the Christmas exchange. He also sent his rub with other items. It looks great on your pork loin. I will be using it very soon on ribs.

Your assessment is very accurate Hawg. It was really good!! As stated, it was Tracy's favorite pork dish I've ever made. That's saying a lot. You're gonna love this stuff on the ribs. One recommendation though: don't be bashful with it. The flavors are excellent but they get subtle while cooking, which is really nice because that creates the balance. You just need to make sure to get enough on the meat.

Gonna be one happy Hawg,
Robert

Reactions: Hawging It
Nice! Reminds me of the Italian Veal Saltimbocca, Prosciutto, Fontina or other and Fresh Sage Leaves. Works well with Pork too...JJ

Your assessment is very accurate Hawg. It was really good!! As stated, it was Tracy's favorite pork dish I've ever made. That's saying a lot. You're gonna love this stuff on the ribs. One recommendation though: don't be bashful with it. The flavors are excellent but they get subtle while cooking, which is really nice because that creates the balance. You just need to make sure to get enough on the meat.

Gonna be one happy Hawg,
Robert
Thanks Robert. I will take your advice and put on heavy. I have never been shy with the rub. More is better right!! Have a great Christmas!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky