Monday smokin w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
We needed some lunch meat so I did a couple turkey breasts and a 10.6 lb sirloin tip roast and will slice them later. As time went on a few eggs found there way into the smoker too
biggrin.gif
I used mostly cherry with a little apple mixed in. One turkey breast hit a plateau on me and thats a first with poultry for me.

d1461f1a_DSC02569.jpg

3af40a4b_DSC02570.jpg

518b6b94_DSC02571.jpg

ce337014_DSC02573.jpg

4d71484a_DSC02580.jpg

16f6e6b7_DSC02581.jpg

a7c3d844_DSC02582.jpg

6759d9eb_DSC02586.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking meat, love the color that cherry adds.
Eggs came out better than my last batch, did 18 eggs and every single one of them had most of the white peel off with the shell, I guess they were too fresh, heard that can cause it.

The eggs were pretty good two of us have tried them and waiting on the other two to try them. I'm gonna try doing some deviled eggs with the next batch
biggrin.gif

Dawn told me 3 hours on the eggs and so thats what I did. Jimmy has eaten 4 eggs so far. I got one so so reaction and one yuck reaction on the eggs. I suspect the lunch meat will last until I go back to camp for a couple weeks seems when I'm gone they forget how to cook and live off whats already smoked or otherwise cooked and in the freezer
biggrin.gif

Lunch anybody

This is a 2 gal ziplock and some of the meat was already eaten dang people grabbing while I'm still slicing
biggrin.gif

Maybe turkey instead

Now THAT'S what I was waiting for.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great.

Yes sir thats some great looking sandwich meat you have there jerry. It hard to slice things with anyone around or even me I have to grab a taste while I'm slicing to make sure it's the right thickness and the flavor is right. So jerry how did it all come out? I need the smoking info on the turkey about 230 for how long and what temp did you pull them case I've just been told I'm smoking for our daughter's wedding abiut 80 people. Well it looks like I'll be getting that other smoker thats I have been drooling over after all.

I placed the probe in about dead center and took it to 140 and it was still rare and nice and pink with lots of juice

nice...., the turkey looks very good, and that beef looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Wow! Looks awesome, you've just inspired me to try to smoke 2 more new things!!! My list keeps getting longer if I could just find the time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky