Last "Damn its almost Monday!"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats on the retirement, Jeff. And congrats of facing your life's challenges head on, sharing them bravely with us. Many of us have walked, or are walking, the paths you mentioned, complete with the physical and emotional scars.

Do what you love in retirement that keeps you sane, sober, busy, and strong. I call that my therapy.
Thanks for the kind words. I share the struggles openly as I hope it will help someone else not hold things inside as long.
Congrats on the Retirement Jeff. Also sorry for the divorce. Once you settle in to the retirement life, you'll be fine. As John Lennon said: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Another Congrats on the 33!
Thanks a lot!
Because that's who we become . So many years of providing . Your time now .
I went out in 2017 . I'm still trying to be normal . Damn Construction makes you mean .
I love doing what I want . Still doesn't seem real . Jeff , you're gonna be good at it .
I think I'll be good at goofing off! Just want to find something to keep my mind sharp and hands busy.
Thanks for sharing Jeff. It helps to get things out there. I really struggled when I decided to retire but after it all said and done was the right thing to do for me. I wish you the best of luck on your new journey.
Thanks Brian! When the package was offered I had a few weeks to make a decision. I honestly would have worked another couple years but felt there would be role consolidations that I wouldn't like. Ultimately with severance and extended insurance I took it.

Reactions: 912smoker
Congratulations on the well-deserved and upcoming retirement Jeff. I’m sure a fella like yourself will keep busy. There’s a lot of You projects to do now.

Reactions: jcam222
Man thats a heck of a journey youve been on. But the best part is that your here to tell it.
Congrats on the retirement.

Jim

Congratulations on your retirement and sobriety Jeff. I'm sorry to hear about the divorce though. I've contemplated taking a package and retiring a couple of times, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. It sounds like you didn't take any shortcuts in your life's journey, and I'm sure you won't in retirement. Staying busy is the only advice I can give. I've seen too many good friends just wither away because they can't find a renewed purpose in their life.

Chris

Congratulations Jeff. I'm sure your going to enjoy your next journey. And thanks for all of your cooks. I do keto and have enjoyed your recipes.

JC222, Congratulations on your retirement, I believe you will enjoy it thoroughly. Keep busy with your life passions and it will be a great ride !

Man thats a heck of a journey youve been on. But the best part is that your here to tell it.
Congrats on the retirement.

Jim
Thanks Jim! It all made me who I am for sure. I bring a different perspective than many and have found it to be an advantage.
Congratulations on your retirement and sobriety Jeff. I'm sorry to hear about the divorce though. I've contemplated taking a package and retiring a couple of times, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. It sounds like you didn't take any shortcuts in your life's journey, and I'm sure you won't in retirement. Staying busy is the only advice I can give. I've seen too many good friends just wither away because they can't find a renewed purpose in their life.

Chris
Thanks Chris! This withering thing is the greatest worry. I'm determined to find and complete passion projects.
Congratulations Jeff. I'm sure your going to enjoy your next journey. And thanks for all of your cooks. I do keto and have enjoyed your recipes.
Thanks and glad you enjoy them. Hope to post a bit more often this summer.
JC222, Congratulations on your retirement, I believe you will enjoy it thoroughly. Keep busy with your life passions and it will be a great ride !
Thanks and great advice!
Everything gets a little better from here on out Jeff, enjoy the ride! RAY
I'll try my best Ray,thanks
May peace replace the unpleasant things you are going through soon.

Proud of everyone who's stayed sober.

Dat base - she sho is a b1tch....
Thanks for the kind words.

Congrats Jeff. It certainly is nice getting up in the morning and not have to answer to anyone. Seems a little scary at first but ya find little things to tinker with . Fishing and golfing take up the majority of my time.
I'm sure you will enjoy it ! You got a big family here also...

Congratulations on the retirement. I have been retired since September and it feels like it's only been a couple weeks. After 34 years I still find myself thinking about what will I need to do this week (at work) then chuckle to myself for thinking about that.

Sorry about the split, that's hard.

Thanks Jeff. Well written.
Gone through my own ups and downs over the years, too.
Sorry to read of the divorce especially at the next chapter of your life.
I turn 65 in November and going to retire and go on Medicrap.
Retire doesn't mean I stop working.

Congrats on the retirement Jeff! Love you like a brother even though you are probably old enough to be my dad 😂😂 JK. I’m sure that lang will keep you busy. Would love to see you in a food truck. Don’t worry we will still be here to bust your chops about the browns being terrible and your food looking 10x better than the whole forum. Keep killing it brother.

You certainly climbed your way out of the sewer. And made something for yourself Jeff. I hope you have a very pleasant and enjoyable retirement!

Congrats Jeff. It certainly is nice getting up in the morning and not have to answer to anyone. Seems a little scary at first but ya find little things to tinker with . Fishing and golfing take up the majority of my time.
I'm sure you will enjoy it ! You got a big family here also...
Thanks,It's definitely going to feel a bit odd come Monday! I'm going to do some fishing for sure.
Congratulations on the retirement. I have been retired since September and it feels like it's only been a couple weeks. After 34 years I still find myself thinking about what will I need to do this week (at work) then chuckle to myself for thinking about that.

Sorry about the split, that's hard.
Thanks, that planning for the week is pretty ingrained I'll probably do the same.
Thanks Jeff. Well written.
Gone through my own ups and downs over the years, too.
Sorry to read of the divorce especially at the next chapter of your life.
I turn 65 in November and going to retire and go on Medicrap.
Retire doesn't mean I stop working.
Thanks! Happy you will get to retire soon too!
Congrats on the retirement Jeff! Love you like a brother even though you are probably old enough to be my dad 😂😂 JK. I’m sure that lang will keep you busy. Would love to see you in a food truck. Don’t worry we will still be here to bust your chops about the browns being terrible and your food looking 10x better than the whole forum. Keep killing it brother.
Haha thanks John! I thought retirement would never come and it did. I can only hope as much on my Browns championship lol
You certainly climbed your way out of the sewer. And made something for yourself Jeff. I hope you have a very pleasant and enjoyable retirement!
Thanks Steve! It's been an interesting and different than manys journey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky