Mmm Bacon...Flavored Vodka?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenmirrors

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
From FoxNews...

Once upon a time, vodka was popular for being virtually tasteless, delivering all the punch of alcohol without all of that annoying flavor. It was the ultimate blank canvas, melding with pretty much any mixer a bartender could pair it with. As vodka popularity grew in the ‘80s and ‘90s, liquor distillers realized there was money to be made through product extensions, so companies dove in head first. Thus, the tidal wave of flavored vodkas was unleashed.
Flavored vodkas have actually been around for a long time, they've just not been as popular as the straight stuff here in the New World. The first of these were fairly innocuous - based on fairly traditional liqueurs and flavors from vodka producing countries like Russia, Poland and Sweden such as lemon, pepper, black currant, and a few others.

Black Rock Spirits Bakon Vodka - Dear lord, it really does taste like bacon. Floating over the top of that familiar vodka burn is pure smoked porky goodness. In fact, the bacon flavors are a bit too pronounced to make this vodka to sip straight up, let alone as a shot. However, it begs to be mixed creatively. When paired with the right ingredients, there’s all sorts of fun to be had. Not surprisingly, it makes for what is quite possibly the best Bloody Mary of all time. Better yet, 1.5 ounces of Bakon with a raw oyster and a few dashes of Tabasco just begs to be a remedy for a brutal morning after. For mixed company, a better approach might be to swap the usual vodka in a Mudslide for the pig-laden variety, blending 1 ounce each of Kahlua, Bailey's and Bakon over ice for an incredibly creamy pork-bomb. Just don’t forget to check if any of your guests keep Kosher before you do.

It is true my friend been a fan of Bakon Vodka for sometime now.
This was what I had with my last brisket smoke. Something to wait out the stall with
icon_smile.gif

if you like that red eye habanero bm mix, you should try freshies hot mary mix, i've tried both and personally prefer the hot mary, although red eye was a staple of mine for quite a few years.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky