Mixer for Weston Pro Grinders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RippinDog

Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
Looks like Weston no longer makes their 44-lb mixer that attaches to their grinders. Does anyone know of an alternative?

Thanks

I got all my commercial grade gear from Cabelas, I think it was made by Weston for them. Give Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops a try, the could possibly still have something in stock. RAY

009.jpg

mm.jpg

Reactions: Dave in AZ
I have the 1hp Keith. I think it takes at least the 3/4 hp, but I'm not positive. RAY

Looks like Weston no longer makes their 44-lb mixer that attaches to their grinders. Does anyone know of an alternative?

Thanks
I'm not sure of what models fit to what, since there are so many models, and so many suppliers are just rebranding Weston equipment or the same Chinese imports with their name. However, Ive been looking for a motorized mixer recently, here is what I know from my research:
1. LEM has a Big Bite Fixed position meat mixer, 25lb and 50lb, that can attach to their grinders as stated here... if you know the collar size and drive shaft for these LEM grinders, it may work.

The 25 lb. mixer tub measures 10 3/4" L by 10" W by 12" H. This 25 lb. mixer works with our #8 Big Bite Meat Grinder or larger.

The 50 lb. mixer tub measures 13 1/2" L by 10 5/8" W by 14 1/8" H. This 50 lb. mixer works with our #12 Big Bite Meat Grinder or larger.

2. Walton's imports a 50lb meat mixer that can be hooked to their grinders. It looks the same as everyother tilting mixer from China to me... It has a 6 spline drive. The design lets it hook to several grinders, as the collar diameter is smaller than most grinders, letting it fit inside. Sometimes a bushing collar made from a 2" pvc helps. Ive seen them hooked successfully to Cabelas carnivore 1hp grinders (which are weston), LEM, some others. I have a thread with pics showing successful hookups over at Waltons Meatgistics.
3. Meatyourmaker.com has a 50lb tilt mixer that hooks up to their 1.5hp grinder. They say it doesnt match their 1hp grinder, which I have, but I can't see why not and the folks answering their phones never touched their products, just read a script, so they don't know. But their grinder looks a lot like Weston and cabelas, even to the marks on the face of grinder...

Basically you need to specify which grinder you're talking about with model#, post a picture of the drive spline, and the diameter of the inner and outer size of the collar. There are just too many options out there for anyone to answer without knowing what you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky