MES140G

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ed Fernandez

Original poster
Dec 23, 2023
I have a MES140G model 20074719! When I first got it new as a gift, it kept tripping the fuse panel. For some odd reason that stopped but now when I plug it in to use it it powers up and works fine, than some times, a few days or weeks i plug it in to use it and no power, waited 3 weeks and it powers up like if nothing, I have a new element not sure if I should install it are toss the whole unit out! Very frustrating. Any advice on the problem would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: JLeonard
For goodness sakes, do not throw out. I would suggest getting an Auber PID which will make for an excellent smoker. Our main guru on this topic will probably be on soon, tallbm tallbm . Maybe busy with the holidays, but hang tight.

Reactions: tallbm and JLeonard
I have a MES140G model 20074719! When I first got it new as a gift, it kept tripping the fuse panel. For some odd reason that stopped but now when I plug it in to use it it powers up and works fine, than some times, a few days or weeks i plug it in to use it and no power, waited 3 weeks and it powers up like if nothing, I have a new element not sure if I should install it are toss the whole unit out! Very frustrating. Any advice on the problem would greatly appreciate it.
Hi there and welcome!

Something is wearing out or going wrong, it's just a matter of figuring out "what" that something is.

A surefire fix is to do the simple rewire, get a PID controller (versus the crappy stock one that comes with it), and never look back hahahaha.

With the rewire and PID controller you will eliminate the temp swings, hit and hold your set temp within 1-3 degrees of what you punch in, and basically with some new high temp wire connectors you will have an MES unit that you can easily keep going through anything short of cannon blast :D

As for your problem now, we would need more info but it sounds like it could be the top controller, bottom circuit board, or maybe a corroding spade wire connector that is preventing you from getting power to the element.

Let us know if your top controller turns on and lets you enter a temp and just doesn't heat up or if the top controller fails to even turn on at times. That will really help to now :)

Reactions: cashnow
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky