Lunch time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
About a week ago , I was looking deep in the freezer ( as alot of us are ) and found a hunk of cured and smoked pork loin that was done Bearcarver Bearcarver style with Tender Quick .
I thought I would try a double smoke on it . Scored the top , covered it with brown sugar and honey , took it back to 145 . It was fantastic . I'll be doing that again .
Had some for breakfast the other day ,
20200602_081112.jpg
But today was lunch .
Sliced up the last of it . Managed to leave my finger tips attached .
20200612_110632.jpg

Added some Country Bob's BBQ sauce and heated in the nuker .
20200612_110822.jpg
Added some mouse cheese ,
20200612_110832.jpg
Back in the micro .
20200612_110917.jpg
Had to bust out the basket for this one , and all the button
pushing on the micro made me thirsty .
20200612_111414.jpg
Dang that's good ! I'll be doing double smoked loins
in the future , and the BBQ sauce on DBL smoked ham is fantastic .
Chips and a homemade hot pickle . Well I had some work to do outside ,,,

That looks awesome! Great idea double smoking it. And I'm sweating my a#$ off at work staring at your frosted mug! Few more hours and I'll be throwing a few of those back fore sure. Just wish I had one of those sandwiches and pickle to go with them lol!!

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks Great, Rich!!
Never even thought of that!!
Like.
BTW: I don't know how you got that nice fat on your Pork Loin.
All I ever get is some Silver-skin that needs to be trimmed off!!

Bear

Looks Great, Rich!!
Never even thought of that!!
Thanks bud . Yeah me either , but was looking for something to smoke , that's why I asked your thoughts on it . I'm telling you it's really good double smoked .

BTW: I don't know how you got that nice fat on your Pork Loin.
All I ever get is some Silver-skin that needs to be trimmed off!!
That was from awhile back , but I remember I trimmed most of it off , but left it on that section .
This is from the first smoke last summer .
20181022_090333.jpg

Great breakfast!
Thanks Brian . It was good too . I make baked taters on the weber kettles . wrapped in foil , I throw them right in the coals . I make a couple extras , then when cooled down the next day , I smash them whole and throw them in a pan to crisp up and re heat . Good stuff .

Thanks bud . Yeah me either , but was looking for something to smoke , that's why I asked your thoughts on it . I'm telling you it's really good double smoked .

That was from awhile back , but I remember I trimmed most of it off , but left it on that section .
This is from the first smoke last summer .
View attachment 449084

Wow!!
That sucker actually has a Fat Cap on it !!
I'd be all over one of them!!

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Loins are always such a risk/reward ... can be tough, but available pretty cheap, no waste, Love it being so lean and healthy, and great if cooked right ... this one looks great!

i have one in the freezer, think I will smoke for a bit, then finish in the SV hot tub.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky