Lumberjack Pellets in the Western WA area

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I was at 'Rich's for the home' the other day and found they carry lumberjack pellets. They don't have the complete lineup, but they are local. I'm hoping more want to use these fantastic pellets so they can keep selling them and maybe be able to get some flavors they don't currently carry.

I have to drive 60 miles to get them if Rich's stops selling them.

Reactions: JLeonard
If you have any other people in your area with pellet smokers, get together with them and order a ton.

I know just how you feel.
I just started using Lumber Jack Competition Blend and Mesquite Blend, both are much better than the other brands I've tried.
I want to try their 100% Hickory and Cherry.
But the only store close to me (25 minutes )doesn't sell the full line, and the next is just over an hour.

Reactions: Nefarious
I found a 10lb bag of LJ 80/20 cherry/apple at the local hardware store. At $13 it wasn't exactly a bargain but it's the only bag of LJ pellets I've seen locally in quite some time.

Reactions: Nefarious
I know just how you feel.
I just started using Lumber Jack Competition Blend and Mesquite Blend, both are much better than the other brands I've tried.
I want to try their 100% Hickory and Cherry.
But the only store close to me (25 minutes )doesn't sell the full line, and the next is just over an hour.
I really like the mesquite blend, which I can't get without driving an hour. If the store doesn't start carrying them, I'm going to go and buy a bunch of bags of each and store them. I figure if I have 10 bags, I can make it through the shorter season here in the puget sound.

I found a 10lb bag of LJ 80/20 cherry/apple at the local hardware store. At $13 it wasn't exactly a bargain but it's the only bag of LJ pellets I've seen locally in quite some time.
When I buy them at the store, the price is $17, when I drive an hour they are $12. So $5 savings a bag, but it doesn't cost me an afternoon.

Reactions: normanaj
Check Craigslist. LJ is in many stores around here, but there is also a guy that sells on CL.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky