Low carb Reuben

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IA pigsNcrops

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 6, 2019
Well, after having corned beef and cabbage on St Pats day, we ended up with some leftovers. I have always liked reubens, but was wanting to adapt it to our low carb lifestyle, so I thought I would give it a try. I realize it is not proper to call it a reuben, since it is not on rye bread. Well anyway, started out with the leftover corned beef and sliced it up with our slicer, then into the pan with a little EVOO.
corned beef frying.jpg
We have a separate pan warming up the cauliflower shells, which we found online. We have these in both the bun size and also pizza crust size.
cauliflower shells.jpg
Everything is warmed up good and proper, so time to assemble the sandwich. I put the corned beef on the bottom shell, added some sauerkraut and swiss cheese.
low carb rueben.jpg
This is it, I have been trying to think of a name this whole time, but nothing comes to mind, I guess just Reubenish sandwich! This was excellent, and curing some corned beef definitely needs to happen more than once a year. Thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: DanMcG
This is it, I have been trying to think of a name this whole time, but nothing comes to mind, I guess just Reubenish sandwich!

As far as I'm concerned you can darned sure call it a Ruben if you want. You created it, you can name it whatever you like :emoji_wink:

I called this a "Ruben" and it has no bread at all, just biscuits

Heck, you may as well copyright and trademark it while you're at it Then it's all yours forever!!

Robert

Thanks for the hint, just call it Ceuben, leaving the R out for the absence of Rye and adding the C for cauliflower shell!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky