Looking for new info

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cam-b-q

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Troy IL
Howdy all.  I have been smoking since 2009 on a cheap Brinkman water smoker.  I have gotten sick of using so much charcoal, so I adapted an old turky fryer as a heat source.  I am currently in the Air Force at Whiteman AFB, MO.  I want to get a new smoker, just not sure what I want to go with.  I like to use propane but would like to learn to use old school wood.  I mostly taught myself off this site, but finally decided join.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!

welcome1.gif
 [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, there's lot's of great people here who love to share and help each other out![/color]

Hello and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here 

Thank you for your service 
usa.gif

Thanks for all the support.  Here is a pic of my modified ECB.

I took my ECB and have it setting on a turkey fryer base. Right now I got a pork roast( it is sliced into chops, but I used kabob sticks to put it back together, cheap meat), beef arm roast, meatloaf and some beef short ribs(not sure about the ribs.

I will put some finished pics up tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky