Looking for low or no sugar Jerky recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
I cut sugar out of my diet about a month ago. I would like to make some jerky, but my favorite recipe contains quite a bit of brown sugar.

Does anyone have any low sugar or no sugar recipes?

I cut sugar out of my diet about a month ago. I would like to make some jerky, but my favorite recipe contains quite a bit of brown sugar.

Does anyone have any low sugar or no sugar recipes?
I cut sugar out over a year ago. I use substitutes though for brines and rubs. Try using Swerve Brown or Lankanto Golden 1 for 1 in place of the brown sugar. I am willing to bet you wont even notice a difference in the end jerky.

I have started to use vegetable glycerin as a sugar replacement in jerky marinades. It is about 70% as sweet as sugar but it is enough to bring a bit of sweetness. Ounce or two per pound works for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky