Lift Bowl Kitchenaid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
For $249.00 . At $200.00 off , they make you buy it . I grabbed 2 .
Got these at Best buy .
20231126_083729.jpg

Oooh flat black too. NICE SCORE. Wife was all about a glass bowl for ours and that thing cost the same as the mixer itself.

Reactions: chopsaw
glass bowl for ours and that thing cost the same as the mixer itself.
I just looked at some bread bowl with a lid . Mix the dough , then it has a lid to use it to bake . Yup . Not cheap .
Son just mixed up some pizza dough . Damn that thing is nice .

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Good buy.
Got the lift bowl, not a huge fan because of the little room you have when lowered getting the paddle blade off when full of ingredients. Have learned to work around it though.
The stainless grinder attachments for these are pretty nice for small, quick jobs.

Reactions: chopsaw
Love the KitchenAid.
30 years we bought a lift bowl model and wife didn't like it.
Returned it and got the smaller tilt head. Never looked back.

If you want to get into a war, post on a bread baking forum on the virtues of KA over Bosch...
I have read KA has issued new guidelines significantly reducing how long you can run their motors on high.

I had the lift bowl pro 6 quart Silver. It was a beast. Wish I had kept it.

Just sold before I joined on here. I was told it was too big and did not get enough use. It would now ,
It reminded me of a mini Hobart mixer. really liked it.

Those are good prices you guys are getting. Bought mine from Sears when they were still around here.

David

Mine is a Professional 5 Plus or something like that. Sourdough is not an issue. I think that I read that the Pro models have metal gears as opposed to the plastic gears on the other models. Mine has several years of heavy use on it without a whimper.

I have read KA has issued new guidelines significantly reducing how long you can run their motors on high.
I don't think our KA has ever been used at high speed. I think 3 maybe 4 is the top speed.
Never any problems with the hundreds of cookie batches my wife made over the years.

Mine is a Professional 5 Plus or something like that. Sourdough is not an issue. I think that I read that the Pro models have metal gears as opposed to the plastic gears on the other models. Mine has several years of heavy use on it without a whimper.
Ours is 30 years old and from what I've been told is US made and with better components than the offshore products.
Need to take it apart and grease the gears to check it out..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky