Let's Build A Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My smokehouse volume is too big for that table top pellet pooper. So back to my first thought by just getting a hopper assy. 220 is out for now. My Auber wifi will handle 1800w so tossing around the duel smoking it element also.

My smokehouse volume is too big for that table top pellet pooper. So back to my first thought by just getting a hopper assy. 220 is out for now. My Auber wifi will handle 1800w so tossing around the duel smoking it element also.
Your Auber will handle as many watts you want to heat the house.
A 40 amp double pole relay is under $20

Reactions: mike243
Calling quits for today.

IMG_8218.JPG

IMG_8220.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

Looking good!!!

I’m really interested in the heat source as that is a lot of volume…… what is your top temp goal?

I am absolutely no expert. I'll start by saying that. I've never built anything like this...so there's that too. Just have a general question.

Is it possible to increase the temperature retention in a structure like this (make it more heat / air flow efficient) and in turn decrease the size of the heat source?

It might not be practical, but for arguments sake??? I'm asking because if I'm thinking of a kamado vs. a simple kettle, volume wise they are similar. They use the same kind of fuel. But the kamado uses substantially less fuel because its very insulated and efficient. I can get a kamado significantly hotter for a longer time...because again its super efficient.

Could you insulate the crap out of this, seal it up and make a small heat source work?

Rick.. I strongly agree with civil... If you go gas make it a fail safe system... If flame goes out it automatically shuts the raw gas off and doesn't create a time bomb...
I dont know how to do that. We dont have nat gas so I would need to go with lpg.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky