Lem mighty bite #8 or Meat your maker 500 watt #12?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

louie d

Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Chester County,Pa.
Undecided on which one to buy for longevity and performance. This unit is not going to see extreme use but use on deer meat,pork butts for sausage etc. Is the extra expense worth it for the LEM as it is about 100.00 more. Anyone with either one of these units your info would be appreciated. Thanks

Going out on a limb here but I am guessing they are likely equal in power and quality with the LEM justifying the higher cost because of brand recognition. Here is another brand that for a while several people on this forum were looking at/purchasing. Amazon also has several different model STX grinders. Might be worth looking at!

Old sarge Thanks for the reply. I have seen that model but seen some reviews that weren’t so positive so really started to narrow down some models.

I baught a Barton 1.5hp #22 as an up grade from a small one...ive run several hundreds pounds of meat throug it with no issues. Had it a couple years now.. It's priced somwhere in the middle of what your looking at but with much mor bang for your buck... Its also more compact then the big bite units.. Couldnt be happier.

Old sarge Thanks for the reply. I have seen that model but seen some reviews that weren’t so positive so really started to narrow down some models.
You are welcome. I think if you look closely at what is currently available in the sub $300.00 range, you are apt to notice a lot of near clones with subtle case and control differences within a certain price or size range. So look at warranties as well. I would also look at YouTube video of any model you are interested in and check out noise and vibration or movement of the auger head. There is a lot to look at. Good luck!

I bought a Lem because it has all metal gears. Some of the cheaper units have nylon or plastic which doesn't last as long.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky