Last Round-up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear, I just want to say thank you for your service and for sharing your life and story with us! God speed and may you and your family be blessed!

John... You are a special kind of man... A man willing to give to others without question... Sharing your no longer secret recipes, so others could enjoy the fruits of your labor... I have enjoyed our long ride together... When all is said and done, I will see you on the other side...
Thank you for our time together on the forum... Thank you for your service to our country...
Your friend, Dave

Last Round-up

OK Guys, I don't know how much I got left in me, I'm on Hospice now.
Going downhill, but I don't want to explain it now.

However I have a couple of last items to show off:
The first one is the Coffee Table Bear Jr made in his shop, and sold last week.
The buyer sent him the items that he wanted put inside with the epoxy.
They are shells the buyers collected, some coins & some paper Caribbean Money.
The wood is "Natural Cherry".

The other items are Bethany's Eye-balls.
She went from making & decorating cakes, to Oil Painting Scenery, to Painting Kids & Pets.
They were all fantastic.
However now she is working on eyeballs.
Below are a couple Eye-balls she did with colored pencils.
I find it hard to believe they could look so real.
Maybe I should have gotten her to paint the eyes that were in my Bears?!?!

You guys all take care now.
See you all on the other side.

Bear

Coffee Table sitting on the CNC Router:
View attachment 654363

Live-edge Cherry with epoxy center:
View attachment 654364

Another View:
View attachment 654365

Here you can see the stuff inside:
View attachment 654366

Closer Look:
View attachment 654367

A Pony's Eye: (Note small Mountain Range inside Eye reflection): Amazing!!
View attachment 654368

A Rabbit's Eye: (Another mountain range in refection): Also Amazing!
View attachment 654369
thank you for all of your expertise and sharing

Bear, we may not have had much conversation between us, but just know this, I have read many of the inspirational and informative posts you have made and they've help me tremendously. I will continue to use them as a resource forever and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Bear I registered just to say adios. I wasn't a member here, but I remember you fondly from another bbq forum. Still have your digital tutorial. I always appreciated your posts, and advice.
-Tom/Gmotoman

“Life is short. We don't have much time to gladden the hearts of those who walk this way with us. So, be swift to love and make haste to be kind.”
-Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Bear, I stalked this site for a good 10 years before I joined. Yours was the name my searches always seemed to lead me to. I constantly refer to your numerous tutorials. You are a teacher, and a good one. Some are forever memorialized by monuments, works or art, or music. We know their names. Others, like yourself, are memorialized by what they teach and the way they teach. Those lessons get passed on through generations and outlive us. Your name may not be attached to the lesson, but your lesson lives on, nonetheless.

You have taught me so much about a “hobby” I love. You have gladdened my heart numerous times and have brought joy to countless others through the meals so many of us on this site have served to our own families, friends, and even strangers. Love can be a feeling, but more importantly, love is an act. And it is your love of others, for teaching, and for amazing food, that has been passed on to probably tens of thousands through the years. Your love, your kindness, and your seemingly endless patience with us newbies is a gift that will be cherished and passed on, and on, and on.

Peace be on you, your family, and your friends. May the love you gave so freely to others surround you and bring you comfort.

-Scott

John,
I wish you a marvelous journey when you leave this plane of existence.
I sincerely hope and pray that you've found the peace to make this transition without fear, and that you'll be with family and loved ones before and after.

Thanks for all you've done with your life, for your family, your country and it's citizenry.
Thanks for your shared knowledge and inspiration here at SMF and elsewhere.

Respectfully,
John

Last edited:
Last Round-up

OK Guys, I don't know how much I got left in me, I'm on Hospice now.
Going downhill, but I don't want to explain it now.

However I have a couple of last items to show off:
The first one is the Coffee Table Bear Jr made in his shop, and sold last week.
The buyer sent him the items that he wanted put inside with the epoxy.
They are shells the buyers collected, some coins & some paper Caribbean Money.
The wood is "Natural Cherry".

The other items are Bethany's Eye-balls.
She went from making & decorating cakes, to Oil Painting Scenery, to Painting Kids & Pets.
They were all fantastic.
However now she is working on eyeballs.
Below are a couple Eye-balls she did with colored pencils.
I find it hard to believe they could look so real.
Maybe I should have gotten her to paint the eyes that were in my Bears?!?!

You guys all take care now.
See you all on the other side.

Bear

Coffee Table sitting on the CNC Router:
View attachment 654363

Live-edge Cherry with epoxy center:
View attachment 654364

Another View:
View attachment 654365

Here you can see the stuff inside:
View attachment 654366

Closer Look:
View attachment 654367

A Pony's Eye: (Note small Mountain Range inside Eye reflection): Amazing!!
View attachment 654368

A Rabbit's Eye: (Another mountain range in refection): Also Amazing!
View attachment 654369
John... I just heard. Much respect, altho for whatever reason we had issues. Screw that, brother. I came back here to say just that. God Speed, thank you for your Service and your contributions to the art. <bow>

The Mad Hunky.

Bear,
I don't know you very well, but I want to thank you for your service to our country. You have been a helpful guiding hand here for the newbies. I wish you peace and hope your moving to the next level is as painless as possible.
Steve

Bear, I don't have the words to express how much you have meant to this forum.. I'd like to think we have been friends although we've never met in person. You have certainly left your mark on this forum and your step by step instructions will be used and enjoyed by many for years to come. Thank you for sharing your life and your recipes with us.. we will all be forever better because of it.

Please advise your family to contact me personally if there's anything I can do. Stay in touch as much as you can and when you feel like it.. take care my friend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky