Just a little something to make your mouth water.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
Cinnamon Rolls Brioche-Style with Tangzhong.

Well, below are the first cinnamon rolls I've ever baked. It's always been my wife's job. Like I mentioned in another thread I'm trying to create a recipe that stays moist for days.

Today is only day 1, and the bake was an exercise in adaptation because I was overthinking the process. We each had one about 6 hours after being baked. Moist, soft, and delicious. The outside rolls were as moist as the center roll on her regular recipe. The dough was incredibly soft to work and to eat.

If this recipe is still moist on the third day, I'll post the details. Until then, let your imagination smack its lips.

Happy mental yums!

Ray

Pre-bake and risen:
20230108_154235.jpg

Post-bake:
20230108_172437.jpg

Iced:
20230108_194755.jpg

Ready to eat:
20230108_194924.jpg

Don't know how that would last one day. I would tear that up.
One a day is all I can handle, sugarwise. Gives me something to look forward to tomorrow.

I just fainted. I’ve not eaten something that glorious in a decade. Speechless!
Thanks, Sven. It was pretty glorious. My family knew I ALWAYS had dibs on the moist middle roll. Hopefully, that problem is solved.

Man move over Cinnabon!!
Thanks, Jeff. Day one was better! If these stay moist for three days, everyone will get the recipe. Otherwise, I jump on the tweak and seek train.

Watching for results / Recipe

look amazing!! will be watching!
Thanks! I'm usually not a sweets guy, but it is taking every ounce of my energy not to have one for breakfast. If I do, it will throw off our test. Thankfully, my wife is as committed to finding a recipe as I am. It's a good thing I've got my seeded loaf to toast for breakfast.

I will post the recipe I used for these cinnamon rolls whether it remains moist on day three or not because these were awesome. Today is Day 2.

I'm liking those!! Beautiful job Ray.

Robert

Heck yea. Those look beyond awesome. Great job!
Robert and Dave, thanks guys. Now I get why folks make brioche. Although my recipe isn't a pure brioche recipe, wow. It was a joy to handle prior to baking.

Well, below are the first cinnamon rolls I've ever baked. It's always been my wife's job. Like I mentioned in another thread I'm trying to create a recipe that stays moist for days.

Today is only day 1, and the bake was an exercise in adaptation because I was overthinking the process. We each had one about 6 hours after being baked. Moist, soft, and delicious. The outside rolls were as moist as the center roll on her regular recipe. The dough was incredibly soft to work and to eat.

If this recipe is still moist on the third day, I'll post the details. Until then, let your imagination smack its lips.

Happy mental yums!

Ray

Pre-bake and risen:
View attachment 653901

Post-bake:
View attachment 653902

Iced:
View attachment 653903

Ready to eat:
View attachment 653904
bueno....

Reactions: noboundaries

Happy mental yums!

Ray

Pre-bake and risen:
View attachment 653901

Post-bake:
View attachment 653902

Iced:
View attachment 653903

Ready to eat:
View attachment 653904

Those look FANTASTIC!!!

Hard to beat that tangzhong method!

Reactions: noboundaries
I love the looks of them! And glad you are eating better...homemade is better than store bought!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky