Juicy Lucy and Queso

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
After some inspiration from Kilo Charlie and some others, decided it was time to try one. Grabbed 4# burger, made 12 patties. Made 6 total with a 4oz chunk of Velveeta inside. A little Meat Church All Purpose. In the Traeger at 250 with AMNPS (Hickory) half filled with each end lit.
IMG_2595.jpg

On the smoke:
IMG_2597.jpg

Sear time:
IMG_2599.jpg

Juicy Shot:
IMG_2600.jpg

Queso Time!
Pound Velveeta
2 cans Rotel hot and mild
Pound beef
Can Mushroom with Roasted Garlic(appreciate that tip to find this!)
Smoked pepper jack
Smoked colby
Rub
Onion
350 for an hour
Donkey Chips and Fritos to dip. Perfect consistency to dip.
IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

Was very happy with this. Overall a great meal. Roasted some beans and asparagus as a side. Big fans all around. Pretty simple, but easy and tasty. Easy enough for a weeknight cook.

Dang! I just ate my supper but can I have a plateful of that? Looks tasty as all get out!

Ryan

Nice Job. The Burgers look great and I love some good Queso. Can you give more detail/brand name of the Canned Mushrooms w/ Roasted Garlic? Did a search and get no result...JJ

Nice Job. The Burgers look great and I love some good Queso. Can you give more detail/brand name of the Canned Mushrooms w/ Roasted Garlic? Did a search and get no result...JJ
I think this is what he meant

Screenshot_20210708-100615_Google.jpg

Ryan

Reactions: jmusser
Yes, that I saw. Looks like it in the upper right corner of the Queso pic.. Thanks...JJ

Dang! I just ate my supper but can I have a plateful of that? Looks tasty as all get out!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Pretty simple, like me. LOL
Looks delicious for sure snd I could probably drink that queso.
Thank ya! It was perfect consistency that was not runny nor too thick for chips. Mmm....queso...
Looks great, I'll be trying that queso.
Thank you. Good, family level of spiciness.
Fine looking burgers Jarod.

Point for sure
Chris

What are Donkey chips?
Thanks Chris. Donkey Chips are a tortilla chip. My favorite as they are a little thicker so they hold up well for dipping.
Nicely done!!!
Someone inspired me, lol. Thanks!
Love the look of that burger . Nice job .
Thanks Chop. Was actually convenient as I smoked then panned and brought to friends house to sear.
Appreciate it chef. My burg got covered in queso. It is just Campbells Cream of Mushroom with roasted garlic. I had never seen nor heard of til I read about it. Will definitely replace in all future recipes as we LOVE garlic in this house!
View attachment 503152

Nailed it! Those burgers look f'in awesome and like Jeff said I could probably drink that queso. Fine cook my friend.
Haha! Just get out the beer bong!
Great looking burgers. Man that makes anybody hungry.

Warren
Thanks Warren! Realized I needed much smaller burgs or way bigger buns!

I was a little surprised to see Campbells Soup in Queso but, if it works, it works. I was so impressed withe the combo of ingredients, I usually just Nuke Velveeta and Rotel, that I sent my wife your list of ingredients to purchase so I can make a batch...JJ👍

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky