jeffs naked rub, finally purchased

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cwalk

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Little Rock, Arkansas
I ve finally purchased jeffs infamous Rub/sauce. I cant wait till thursday. My smoking day of the week cause im off. Gonna try my first run on some pork Chope. Eeeemmmmm

My neighbor purchased the recipes & smoked up his first batch of ribs yesterday.  I really liked the sauce.  Oh & I didn't copy the recipe cause that would be stealing lol!

Sorry there isn't any qview but I tried Jeff's rub yesterday on some grilled pork chops. All I can say is woooow.
Definitely, good stuff.  I have used it on everything from Ribs to burgers and steaks to chicken etc.  Its like magic grains that add a little bit of depth and spicy goodness everywhere it goes. 

If you haven't bought it yet, I would highly recommend it not only is it an awesome rub but, it helps support this site, a win win.

another thing on the list of things to try...
thumb1.gif

I dont know what is wrong with me, I feel like im the only person on this planet that doesnt love the rub. Which is odd to me because I loved the bbq sauce recipe but for some reason im not a fan of the rub. Not complaining though because everyone I make it for loves it but for some reason it doesn't agree with my palate. Dont forget the Q-view next time!!!! :)

I dont know what is wrong with me, I feel like im the only person on this planet that doesnt love the rub. Which is odd to me because I loved the bbq sauce recipe but for some reason im not a fan of the rub. Not complaining though because everyone I make it for loves it but for some reason it doesn't agree with my palate. Dont forget the Q-view next time!!!! :)
irie,

Don't feel bad.. It happens occasionally and that is to be expected. I am happy to offer you a refund on the purchase if you will shoot me a private message and let me know what email address you ordered it under and the approximate order date.

Jeff don't even worry about it. You're sauce alone is worth ten times what you charge for it and like I said before, everyone I feed with you're rub loves it! so I absolutely could not accept a refund. But it is very gracious of you to offer. At this point I probably still owe you for all the knowledge i have sucked from the posts on this forum.

Last edited:
Jeff don't even worry about it. You're sauce alone is worth ten times what you charge for it and like I said before, everyone I feed with you're rub loves it! so I absolutely could not accept a refund. But it is very gracious of you to offer. At this point I probably still owe you for all the knowledge i have sucked from the posts on this forum.
As long as you're sure about it.

I like to uphold my Happiness Policy on anything I sell - It's a "if you ain't happy, then neither am I" kind of thing
icon_smile.gif

irie, you are so right the knowledge I to have sucked from this site is remarkable and priceless!!
X 3 I am only on 2 forums and the other is a catfishing forum with a lot of great folks as well.. The research you can do here is outstanding, I lurked around for a few weeks after finding it.. I had to join and in a very short time I am taking smoking to the next level,i have about 3 years behind me but it don't make me no pro.. This is a great place to learn and share your ventures whether they go good or something stalls on ya... I am making friends pretty easy on here as well, the folks here are just great...

Jimbo

The first time I made the rub, I made it exactly as the recipe called for. While I loved it, my wife and 3 year old daughter said it was a bit spicy for them. The next time I cut back on a few things and omitted one ingredient altogether ( I'm being careful not to give away any tips to Jeff's recipe). It is now a hit with all at my house and we put it on everything I smoke and grill, even burgers! That's the great thing about it, even if you don't like it as it is, it's a great base to start with and adjust to your taste. I don't think we have used sauce in anything since I've started using the rub. It is great as it is!

Reactions: pigbark
I bought the recipes when I was doing my first smoke ever last spring. My wife loved it so much that I can't use anything else. I have a batch in a large shaker and a back-up batch in a ziploc in the freezer at all times! We love it because it has very little salt and can be used as liberal as you wish. Most of the ribs, brisket, fattys, and pulled pork don't ever see the sauce recipe! I have given sample bags of the rub to friends along with the website address for ordering - I only make one batch per friend - then force them to go get their own recipe :-) I also agree with the info I have stolen from the website as well - I talk like I'm an expert now! All because of Jeff!

Was just wondering. First thing I bought a couple years ago when I purchased my smoker was Jeff's book Smoking meat.

Is the rub and sauce that everyone talks about in the book or was thing something that became available after the book was published? I see there are numerous there but which is THE rub and THE sauce. Rub I have been using is just something stuff I threw together. Would love to try it and make a rub consistently time after time.

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky